« Starlight Tattoo Opening in Vegas | Main | Great Show - Bad Sound »

February 21, 2008

Camp Freddy & Other

FinalAd1.jpg

In the world of Camp Freddy: We will be doing a residency throughout the month of May at The Roxy in Hollywood - Every Thursday night!

Don't forget: Today at 5:00pm PST - SPREAD: With comedian Bobby Lee and music from Softlightes.

Two Netflix Recommendations:

The King of Kong: Awesome documentary about the competitive world of classic arcade gaming...

The Invisible: Surprisingly good thriller about hanging between life and death. The film keeps an Indie feel as it delves into the worlds of murder and the supernatural. Strong performances, soundtrack and no overuse of effects. The only problem with the film is that the female villain is way too hot to be believable. The upside is that the female villain is way too hot to be believable!

February 21, 2008 11:03 AM

Comments

Hi Dave!

I really don't have anything to say - just thought I would get the first post!

Have a great weekend......

Always,
me

Posted by: Angel [TypeKey Profile Page] at February 21, 2008 11:35 AM

'The King of Kong' sounds like something I'd like! Thanks for the recommendation, now I have something to watch next week (I have one week off! Yey!)

BTW, have you seen 'Air Guitar Nation'?

Much love
Aggie

Posted by: Aggie [TypeKey Profile Page] at February 21, 2008 11:46 AM

The Invisible sounds fascinating. I'm really surprised you didn't recommend American Gangster, I know how much you enjoyed it!!! HaHa

Posted by: Linda from San Diego [TypeKey Profile Page] at February 21, 2008 12:34 PM

Linda - you'd better bring your ass up here to see at least one of the CF shows at the Roxy!

I am so excited. What a great time this is gonna be...start the evening off with some CF greatness, then cap off the night with some food and drink at the Rainbow right next door! Uh..YES PLEASE! hahahaha

Posted by: Ambersonian [TypeKey Profile Page] at February 21, 2008 12:43 PM

How brilliant!!! I want to come! Now there's a definite month to aim for :)
The Invisible - cool review.
xoxoxox

Posted by: vixen [TypeKey Profile Page] at February 21, 2008 02:00 PM

Vixen, you better organise your ass to get over there otherwise I'm coming down south to kick you over there myself!!! At least one of us Brits has to have a Dave experience - and I expect a full report!

Bummer I can't make it myself, hopefully Todd will be there with camera in hand.............
I'm behind in my film watching...saw Sweeney Tod, acting and 'look' was great but I wasn't inspired by the music......bit of a bugger when it's a musical. Want to see Cloverfield but not managed yet.

KansasNicole.....YOU GO GIRL!!!!!....the last line of your last post renewed my faith in 6767 posters - Twilight Zone was not how I was describing it ....... I think I've been rope suspended but that was only when I fell over my husband clothes pile and got tangled in knicker elastic and rugby socks. Did you really mean suspension..... or was it more like restraint!!??

The smile has been returned to my face....happy Thursday everyone...............................SB

Posted by: Sarah-B [TypeKey Profile Page] at February 21, 2008 02:21 PM

Sarah-B...

Yes, i actually meant suspension...having my naked body trussed in rope and then being slowly lifted off the ground supported by the ropes...almost a flying sensation and quite...ummm..orgasmic. Now restraint is a whole 'nother story...**giggles**

Have a great weekend everyone...
Nicole...

Posted by: KansasNicole [TypeKey Profile Page] at February 21, 2008 02:59 PM

There were no orgasms with knicker elastic and rugby socks so I obviously wasn't suspended - the clothes experienced a flying sensation and my husband would've done if his backside had been anywhere near my foot but, sadly nothing erotic in any of that...............................SB

Posted by: Sarah-B [TypeKey Profile Page] at February 21, 2008 03:43 PM

*Snort* Sarah..you are too damn funny.

Posted by: KansasNicole [TypeKey Profile Page] at February 21, 2008 04:08 PM

The Roxy is the coolest. I love The Invisible too. It's soooo scary.
Something on this website got me thinking about on-line colleges. I've never done that myself. Ya know, there might be some benefits from going to a REAL school instead of an on-line college. At a real school, you actually get to SEE your teachers and you also get to MEET other students. Over time, you develop your social skills, you make friends, and your end up with something called MEMORIES. Heaven forbid...you might even meet a boyfriend with a similar background. What a novel idea! Of course the idea of face-to-face human contact might be scary for some people, but in the long run it's often worth it. Take a chance!
But if your work schedule doesn't allow you to go to a regular school or you live 100 miles from the nearest town, then I guess on-line schooling might be your only option.

Posted by: Gene Loves Jezebel [TypeKey Profile Page] at February 21, 2008 04:15 PM

Darn. I can't make it to the show. Maybe next time.
For you dating peeps, read J.M. Kearns' book. It's called "Why Mr. Right Can't Find You." It's an awesome read. It's informative and funny too. He's a nice man-- and he rocks.

Posted by: Opeth [TypeKey Profile Page] at February 21, 2008 05:18 PM

ok so I'm watching Spread...the sound/picture was out of sync, but that's ok. I heard it then saw the actions 7 seconds later.
Bobby Lee...hysterical. Loved the Bros. Calamari bit...Softlights...sounded great...but then with 10 minutes left of the show the sound went into this part Klingon part Charlie Brown's teacher thing. It was like everyone was talking in slow motion tongues. It was kind of creepy cool...till someone laughed. It was the most creepy maniacal sounding laugh I have ever heard that I have to say, made the hair on my arms stand straight up.
Then the sound cleared up.
I so want that slow-mo creepy laugh as the ringtone on my phone.

Posted by: Robin [TypeKey Profile Page] at February 21, 2008 06:12 PM

May I just say, WOO-HOO!!! Nothing about that says Eat a Dick!! The Roxy here I come.

Posted by: Bird Vaczine [TypeKey Profile Page] at February 21, 2008 06:38 PM

Yo, what's really good haha?! As always, I really enjoyed Spread tonight! I missed the live feed and I was kind of bummed out about it because the show was live today and it's been awhile since it has been live and I had to miss it because of karate practice, but behold, the show is already on-demand; I'm loving it!! Bobby Lee... funny dude. You guys are "such guys," comparing pubes and shit, I thought the boys at school were pretty bad when it comes to discussing balls, size, etc. but I guess it's just a guy thing, I've come to accept it.

ELEVEN!!! That's fucking kickass that they're going to be on the show, I can't wait to see that! Just like you, I'm a fan of Eleven. I like them being a part of my "little collection." My little collection of being one of the most kickass, talented, and original bands that not a lot of people know about and they definitely don't get the recognition that they deserve, yet when you play that shit out loud, my friends say "who's that," and I'm like "oh, that's just Eleven you ever heard of them, yeah that's what I thought." The masses hasn't gotten to them and you have them all to yourself, it makes me feel cool haha. Mentioned Cornell on the show as well, (since Johannes did help provide some tunes to Euphoria Morning), but that'd be really kickass if you could get him on the show; two of my "idols" together, that'd be cool. I don't know if that's too much of a thought because Chris isn't that type of guy, he's more too himself and he doesn't even live here in the US, he lives in Paris, but I can dream right? He has one of the greatest pipes in Rock N' Roll, early Soundgarden.... WTF, talk about high notes, better than Jesus Christ Pose (btw it's on "record" that Chris wrote Jesus Christ Pose as a response to Perry and Lollapalooza, it could just be "hearsay" though). Anyways, you dig his solo stuff? I LOVE Euphoria Morning and his recent album Carry On is pretty decent too, although it did receive a lot of mixed reviews. Chris is just very comfortable with where he is right now as a musician, he doesn't care what people think, he can cover MJ's Billie Jean, who gives a fuck! Anyways, enough on him haha.

Keep doing what your doing homie!

Peace & Much Love,
-Kirsten

Posted by: Kirsten [TypeKey Profile Page] at February 21, 2008 07:47 PM

Thank you for the film recommendations they both look pretty good, we just went to see Darjeeling Express, the best thing about it was the train with teasets with little elephants on that matched the wallpaper and curtains. I want to go on that train! If it exists.

Posted by: tiffanybean [TypeKey Profile Page] at February 21, 2008 11:21 PM

you look great @ the mandalay

Posted by: karen [TypeKey Profile Page] at February 21, 2008 11:51 PM

...no no i mean really really rockin:)keep it up baby for me!x

Posted by: karen [TypeKey Profile Page] at February 21, 2008 11:53 PM

hosted by mark mcgrath ...awww ya gonna rock the arse outta may live music is where it's @ guyz party on peeps

Posted by: karen [TypeKey Profile Page] at February 21, 2008 11:58 PM

I'm surgically attached to my camera SB, there will be plenty photographic memories to share (if permitted). Sure you can't come?
If I can't make this believe me it won't be for want of trying...
Also, restraints, now there's a nice thought!
Happy weekend everyone!