Happy New Year!!!
December 30, 2006 at 02:35 PM | Comments (14)
The In-Between Week
Hope all of your holiday plans went well. Mine were great. Spent Christmas Day with the family and Christmas Eve with Todd and his family. Now, I find myself in that week between Christmas and New Years with not much to do as my office is closed for the holidays. New Year's Eve is locked with a party at Tangerine in Vegas, followed by our tour with Supernova a few weeks later. For the time being I have been mainly chillin and catching up on Lost, Studio 60, Heroes and Battlestar Galactica with a few nights out here and there. I have also been rockin a few SRL shows this week. So I know it's not Saturday, but maybe I can get to an early Sunday 10 (please no X Mas questions) as I really have nothing to report... or do!
1. Is there going to be another installment of Rock Star?
We really don't know at the moment. As soon as I know, you will know.
2. I was wondering if you will have any input on the Jane's Addiction box set?
We just put out the "Best Of" so I'm not sure if this is still a go. I could be wrong though, I just haven't been in the loop regarding this release. I wonder...
3. How can we download Camp Freddy podcasts from iTunes without the music being edited out?
You would have to capture the show as it airs from the Indie site. We have to remove the music for legal reasons on the Podcasts.
4. Who is your favorite Battlestar Galactica character?
Without a doubt, Tricia Helfer as Number Six... Sexy, beautiful, manipulative, controlling, brilliant, spiritual, dangerous, part machine... She is everything a man could ask for!
5. Will you make a New Years resolution? What will it be?
I'm not really into resolutions for New Years. If there is something worth changing or accomplishing, I figure it's best to just do it and not wait for a date.
6. Since you'll be in Vegas, any chance those of us who have RSSN tickets for Jan 1st will get a surprise glimpse of DN?
No, I'll be across town at the Tangerine doing my own thing and then I am meeting up with the Camp Freddy boys after the New Year hits. Many people are confused abut the NYE Supernova show. TPC is not on that show, just the tour which starts almost 2 weeks later.
7. When you did your interview on Much Music with Leigha and you made all the sexual references were you doing it to joke and make fun or was she just annoying you or what?
HAHA... I don't remember that at all. I probably just thought she was hot!
8. When you really want to charm a woman, what sort of date would you plan?
Wow... It has been so long since I have been on a "proper" date that I wouldn't even know where to begin. Then again, it's really all about the company and not the plan as far as I'm concerned.
9. Any chance at some of the off dates from the upcoming tour with Supernova being used for some side shows?
Absolutely! We will be doing some small club dates on our off nights on the tour. As soon as I have the dates and locations, they will be posted here and at the TPC site.
10. Do you ever feel overwhelmed trying to keep up with all this Internet stuff (the blog, MySpace, SRL, IM, etc.)?
No, it has become part of my morning ritual along with my many cups of coffee. If I ever need a break, I just shut it all down for a day or two.
December 27, 2006 at 08:28 PM | Comments (113)
Happy Holidays guys! Here is an update regarding The Panic Channel on tour. In January, for the Supernova leg of our tour, Chris Chaney will not be joining us due to family obligations. Instead, Siggy Sjursen of Powerman 5000 will be joining us. He's a killer bass player and we are lucky he has come aboard for the tour.
Rocky: If you like Rocky movies, go see it. Sure you have to suspend reality, but it's a lot of fun. Almost feels like he never made 4 and 5. Remember that Eddie Murphy stand up bit he did about Rocky movies? "All right Rock-o!!!" Yeah. Todd and I left the theater screaming that... ALL day long!
Billy and I will be back in the studio on Saturday night for another installment of Camp Freddy Radio on Indie 103.1FM from 6pm-8pm PST.
Here is the Camp Freddy Radio Podcast!
December 22, 2006 at 01:30 PM | Comments (114)
Why Timberlake Rules!
December 18, 2006 at 02:37 PM | Comments (41)
Here is the Camp Freddy Radio Podcast!
1. I'm curious. What drives your desire to engage in such an open discourse with the masses?
Multidimensional answer: 1. Simply put and foremost, it's a lot of fun. 2. The music fans are the ones responsible for any level of success I have achieved in my life, so I like to get to know the people who are touched by what we do. 3. In this day and age, I'd rather the information that gets out there about me or the bands come directly from us. 4. It's the best way to let people know what is going on because if we left it up to the corporate world, nobody would ever have any information.
2. In the Camp Freddy Merry Christmas video, what shoes are you wearing when they do that zoom in on your bitchin' kicks?
Oh yes! Those are my Gucci sneakers.
3. I have been reading your book "Don't try This at Home" Were you at all nervous having it published or nervous you may loose fans because it shines a different light onto you?
Honestly, I felt that the message was the most important thing, so after a lot of careful editing and clearing with people mentioned in the book, we went ahead.
4. Will your new Digital company incorporate all art forms or strictly music?
We will be focussing on Internet TV, radio, music, art (visual and performance) and personalities. We also intend on creating a platform for new talent to showcase.
5. You seem pretty comfortable in all the arenas in which you have to show up (red carpet, hosting parties, being on TV & on stage, etc.) -- Are there ever times when you feel nervous or "stage fright" or out of place/uncomfortable?
No, not so much anymore. Discomfort is more of a mood that strikes regardless of the surroundings or circumstances. It's part of the human condition and rears it's head whenever it wants. When it does strike, you just have to walk through it because it goes away in the end and it would suck to allow something in your head destroy what could be a really great and real experience.
6. Did you end up going to the Playboy mansion even with the rain? How was it?
We had a good time. The whole outside was tented and heated so the rain was a non-issue.
7. Have you experienced any resistance or resentful reactions from people in the business (say radio, TV, record labels, print, etc.) who may not necessarily like that you are making such an effort to 'Take it back'?
Quite the opposite, actually. Most of the people I work with in the entertainment business know exactly what I am talking about and have been very supportive.
8. In DTTAH you said that in a room full of people you would pick the sickest most codependent woman there. Bad boy and codependent woman. Do you believe there is a chemistry that draws the two together, even without any spoken communication?
When I said that I was deep in the thralls of drug addiction. Now that I am five years away from that behavior, I only fantasize about sick and codependent women. (j/k)
9. Would you ever go skydiving?
I have been skydiving once... Once.
10. Any idea who the Spiderman is in the video?
None whatsoever. Hollywood Blvd. is full of people dressed up as characters from different films. They hang in front of the Chinese Theater selling pictures of themselves with tourists.
December 17, 2006 at 04:16 PM | Comments (54)
Camp Freddy ~ Merry Christmas!
December 14, 2006 at 04:25 PM | Comments (61)
New Year's Eve
I locked this party down last week and then today a Camp Freddy show opened up in Vegas on the same night! I won't be able to make the CF show, but it is starting to look like it's all going off in Vegas this year! Scheduling conflicts happen, but the bottom line is... Make sure you are in Vegas on New Year's Eve, one way or another! Who knows? Maybe I'll be able to jam across town and rock a few songs with the boys!
I will be back in the studio on Saturday night for another installment of Camp Freddy Radio on Indie 103.1FM from 6pm-8pm PST. This time, Billy will be out of town. Now you know why Camp Freddy has so many band members, because sometimes we really DO need to be in two places at the same time!
December 13, 2006 at 03:42 PM | Comments (30)
So, we have a new winner over at Spread Radio Live for the Indie Artist of the Month. Congratulations to Present Tense! Thanks to everyone who participated and all our listeners for voting.
1. Your "End Of Broadcast" post here has all questioning if TPC has been dropped from Capitol, if you are breaking up, if you are flaking on tour dates with RSSN.
That's funny. Trust me if something comes down like that, I would just say so, I wouldn't be able to contain my disdain for the industry and be all cute and cryptic. All that my "End Of Broadcast" post meant was that I had closed 6767 for the day.
2. What does one do when they "host a party"?
You pretty much just show up and have a good time. For instance last night I went to this spot in Atlanta called Fever. They had a couple in house percussionists along with the DJ and they invited me to join them in a drum circle jam thing. That was pretty rad and different. For the most part we just hang and enjoy the company, which is not hard to do in Atlanta!
3. How on Earth did you end up presenting the "Best Country" category on the Billboard Awards? So strange... How did you feel about it?
Well, I was a little irritated of course when they switched me from the Rock to the Country category, but only because I wanted to support RHCP had they won. As it turned out, my category was in the first 15 minutes of the show which basically meant I could bounce out of there early and rest up for the evening's gatherings. Also, Wynonna is super nice and does a lot of work to help unsigned artists. It was cool getting to know her a little backstage before we went out there.
4. What is your reaction to Satellite Party having played Jane's songs at their gigs?
I think it's rad! Perry wrote those lyrics, he should sing them. Camp Freddy has done Mountain Song a few times with Courtney, Chester and Josh Todd.
5. Just wondering what you think of the things Perez is saying about Carmen and Joan Jett?
I think it's funny. Carmen and Joan are good friends and have been for a while.
6. When you are at a casino, is poker the only game that you play?
Poker is the only game I put any amount of time into. Sometimes I'll stroll over to Roulette and drop a stupid amount of cash on black or red to even up. So if I lose $500 at Poker, I'll go and drop $500 on red. If that misses, I'll keep doubling till it hits. Once I am even again, I bounce back to Poker.
7. What is your preferred method of looking after your tats in the week following getting your tats done?
I actually don't do a whole lot to take care of them. If I think about it, I'll put some lotion on there once in a while, but they are much more resilient than you might think.
8. Does it drive you crazy when people ask you the same questions over and over again?
Yeah, but at the same time, I have to remember that not everyone knows what has been asked before, so I look the other way. As a rule, I avoid gear, "what ifs", favorites, who would you... etc.
9. Ever get tired of those ENZYTE commercials with "Bob"?
I fuckin HATE that guy!
10. What do you think about Flea playing the same bass line as Mountain Song on the Chili's song, Readymade?
Well, I hear what you are saying but to tell you the truth, I think it's completely different. It's about as similar to Mountain Song as Mountain Song is to Fleetwood Mac's Oh Well. Same notes, but totally different vibe. I take more issue with Judas Priest's Revolution. Not that I think they intentionally ripped the idea, I am just amazed that nobody throughout the recording & mixing, playing the album for the label, and everything else that happens before records come out... Nobody said, "Hey guys, this one seems really familiar!"
December 10, 2006 at 08:06 PM | Comments (104)
Photo: Brian Romero
Last night's Camp Freddy charity gig in LA for Musicians Assistance Program/MusiCares was a blast. Thanx to everyone at Indie and all of our guests who made it possible. Joining us last night was Jerry Cantrell, Terri Nunn, Johnny Fava, Elan, Steve Jones, John Taylor, Steve Stevens, Warren Di Martini, Tony Kanal, Steve Isaacs, Duff, Ben Lee & Mark McGrath. We shot a video during the show for our new Christmas single, Merry Christmas Everybody, which is now up at iTunes.
The real stars of the line up last night were Drive A. They are only 14, but when they opened the show, they rocked The Avalon like seasoned pros.
Tomorrow night in Atlanta I will be hosting a little party at Fever, located on Chesire Bridge Road. If you are in the area, come on by!
December 08, 2006 at 04:58 AM | Comments (27)
Tonight is another edition of Camp Freddy Radio on Indie 103.1FM from 6pm-8pm PST. Click the link to listen live online or tune in on your FM dial if you are in the LA area.
Here is the Camp Freddy Radio Podcast!
December 02, 2006 at 12:59 PM | Comments (35)