« Get In The Zone ~ Auto Zone! | Main | Supernova »

November 19, 2006

Sunday 10

(Photo: Bree Warner) 1. I just paid $50.00 to put an ad in my school's yearbook to advertise Spread Radio Live. Is this OK with you? Is there any copyright issues I should know about?

My lawyers have instructed me to not discuss this matter with you directly. Not only will you receive a subpoena come Monday morning, but your place of education will as well. J/K! Of course it's OK and we appreciate it immensely! You think that when it's done you can scan it and send us a photo? I'd love to put it up on the site!

2. This may sound strange, but how do you keep your ego in control and keep yourself so humble?

That's a very nice question. There are some that would argue that my ego is WAY out of control and there are some who do not. I think that ultimately I just look at us all as members of Planet Earth and I am aware of the fact that we are all going to end up in the same place at the end of the day. Try to stand on the edge of another galaxy and you'll see what I mean. All that really matters is that we are happy while we are here and that we do our best not to wrong others. Of course, we make mistakes as humans and are apt to inadvertently cause pain to the people in our lives as well as ourselves, but all we need to do is learn from those moments. Sometimes, we need to learn over and over. I don't know if that answers your question, but my point is that I just try to remain aware of the ultimate insignificance of the day to day things that many of us place so much importance on.

3. What advice would you give a fan who is an addict having a hard time staying clean or sober?

Very simple: Get help! Do not try to do it alone. There are tons of self help groups out there. Communicate with people who understand your feelings. There are pretty much a couple of options and you tell me which sounds better. 1. Feel uncomfortable, let it pass and get through it. 2. Feel uncomfortable, get loaded and then find yourself both uncomfortable and having to get clean again. 3. Jails, institutions or death. (I am speaking to the addicts, not the occasional social drinker. Some people can control their using. The options I have laid out are intended for the ones, like me, who cannot.)

4. I agree with your position about "taking it back" and really admire what your accomplishing with SRL because of "crap" forced to be played by the media, however you seem to back and even enjoy many of the artists that are heard on the radio. Is your beef less to do with the music that is played and more about the controls they use to decide what is played and lack of variety?

Good question. I honestly just enjoy anything I think is good whether it's popular or underground. I am not one of those Indie Vinyl Nazi's! I don't avoid everything popular just because it's popular. I don't give a fuck! You are right that my problem has to do more with the industry's position of only supporting what they think will generate a financial return immediately. We no longer have what used to be called, Artist Development. My advice to upcoming rock bands is to avoid the major label world like the fucking plague. It is really falling apart. Let them have the Hip Hop and the Pop acts. They seem to do well and hell, I like some of them, However, if your intention is to do something different, left of center and new, do it yourself. Technology is now at a place where we can do that.

5. So you seemed like you were mean to a few callers last night on CFR.

Well, we never intend to be mean I can assure you, but sometimes people call in with stuff that only Billy and I will get because we have such a tight community here on the Net. The truth is, that sometimes we have to keep calls like that moving because 99% of the listeners are outside of our little world here and we need to keep the show "broad" enough for everyone. If anyone ever feels "pushed" please do not take it personally, we just have to keep a flow going and we don't prescreen our calls. We do love to hear from our listeners on the Net and it does always warm our hearts. I'd suggest that if you are a member of one of these sites and you call in, try to remember that there is a whole audience out there that may not know what you are talking about. If you are more general with your topic, we will be less inclined to move it along.

November 19, 2006 01:25 PM

Comments

love sunday 10. x

Posted by: vixen at November 19, 2006 01:34 PM

series 3 Lost is about to start! have a lovely sunday. x

Posted by: vixen at November 19, 2006 01:58 PM

what was the name of the band you played last night with the female singer and gothy sound? They were really great! Or anyone who remembers??? i believe it was after the Bowie track?

Posted by: a77 at November 19, 2006 02:04 PM

Afternoon Dave. :-) You card… ;-) Your response to question one reminds me of what you did to Lukas on the RSSN show when you’d say something serious and then end up with “…because that’s awesome, dude!” LOL Hope we don’t have to break out a defibrillator on some poor fan, somewhere. ‘OMG. Lawsuit from Dave…’ *thud* LOL Yeah, anytime I hear words like ‘narcissist’ or ‘ego’ attached to you, they don’t fit. I’ve met those kinds of critters—there are enough of them out there—and you’re not of that party. You always come across as very grounded, genuine and gracious. I believe that after a person gets so many miles on them and takes a few dings in their fenders, most folks learn not to ‘sweat the small stuff.’ I’m certainly much mellower, now, than I was in my younger days. Life really is too short (and so am I.) ;-) #3: Yep, those options pretty much cover it. ‘Nuff said. #4: I do that with my whole life, actually, and not just musical tastes… see what’s out there and adopt the best and brightest into my existing thoughts and behaviors. Thank goodness technology has arrived just in time for artists to leap clear of the industry train wreck, too. More and more, even in the mainstream media, I’m hearing about artists who are going the way of Tom Green and yourself with their own broadcasting and radio enterprises. #5: There’s a world outside the Internet? When did that happen? This is somehow tied into that whole ‘getting a life’ idea, isn’t it? I try that every now and then but it tends to be a pain in the posterior. ;-P Heavens, next you’ll be talking about ‘acting like an adult…’ Where’s the fun in that? ;-) Peace to the peeps and hope your finish off your weekend in style, Dave. :-)

Posted by: Sanlin at November 19, 2006 02:16 PM

Hey Dave-
Avery is finally putting out his stuff, do you think you can get ahold of it and play it on srl. Not only would you be doing us a favor but possibly EA one also.
R_

Posted by: rtp at November 19, 2006 02:23 PM

Sunday 10:

Right now I'm writing a paper on "Julius Caesar" for my English class and I wanted to know have ever read it? Did you like it? Or what was something you read in school that you liked?

Posted by: Jess at November 19, 2006 02:24 PM

Dave, thanks for the words of wisdom you shared with that young lady about about staying clean and sober.

JewelCanadianGirl,

I offered some advice on the post where you asked the question. Leigh responded too. I hope you read them. It's important for me to reach out to others who suffer from addiction. Congratulations on 10 months! Keep up the good work! Congratulations to you too Leigh, we must have similar sobriety dates.

Love to all,
Linda

Posted by: Linda from San Diego at November 19, 2006 02:26 PM

Hi 67land- Dave, that post has 2 be my favorite this year. Get out! It's gorgeous today~

Posted by: Carly at November 19, 2006 02:31 PM

Good Sunday to ya DN<

Let's say you are on a long drive what is your favorite CD to pop in?

BTW-The music industry is a joke right now, appreciated your perspective last night on CFR. Gone are the days when an artist could just put on product and HOPE the public would catch on. Too many unecessary filters and money.

I guess I remember listening to my little AM radio and hearing ALL Kinds of music from ABBA to KISS:)

You don't make promises you can't keep- to quote a Def Leppard song! There WAS SRL in that paragraph too;) luv ya, Db

Posted by: Danni from ND at November 19, 2006 02:39 PM

"I think that ultimately I just look at us all as members of Planet Earth and I am aware of the fact that we are all going to end up in the same place at the end of the day."

Amen to that D-dogg. I think we all like being thought of and spoken to as human beings with beating hearts and emotions.

"There are some that would argue that my ego is WAY out of control and there are some who do not."

Whatever about how others percieve you, how do YOU feel about your ego? In the end that's what really matters, right? (hope that question isn't too direct)

I'm sick, could someone get me some soup please?

M
(i love Theraflu)

Posted by: mortisha at November 19, 2006 02:41 PM

Hey Dave-
So do you still keep in contact or hang out with any of the contestants from Rockstar: INXS?

Posted by: Melanie at November 19, 2006 02:46 PM

Hey Linda - Congrats to you too. My DOS is 4/1/2004 (I know - the irony of April Fool's Day is not lost on me) I actually went to rehab in San Diego in 2003 before I decided to try it my way one more time. Just for the record, JewelCanadaingirl, my way never worked. Congrats on the 10 months - Hang in there. There is nothing like the first year birthday - It is sooooooo awesome. It only gets better from there. Not to say that you are not going to have struggles because you will. Life has its challenges but it so awesome to get to the other side of a problem without having to use. My worst day sober is definitely better than my best day loaded.

Thanks Dave for sharing. Do you get to meetings or is it too hard to go as a celebrity? I've wondered that from time to time when I'm in a meeting. I went down to Venice for a meeting and I guess there had been a celebrity there the week before. It must be hard because it is SUPPOSED to be an anonymous program. Anyway, congrats to you too.

Leigh

Posted by: Cagirlygirl760 at November 19, 2006 03:14 PM

Nevermind, got it. Fast forward through the podcast, "That was a band called Nearly."

Posted by: a77 at November 19, 2006 03:20 PM

1. Did you vote in the last election (two weeks ago)? If no, why not?

2. The intro riff to Oceansize sounds familiar. Did you rip it off from an old Cream song?

3. When you smoke, do you still throw your butts on the ground? Answer honestly.

4. What DON'T you like about PRS guitars?

5. For reals - did you tap Natalie Imbruligagagaga?

Posted by: Tough Questions at November 19, 2006 03:32 PM

Dave Thank you it means a lot to me that ya answered that question ,it can be a tough one to answer i am sure.
Thanks guys I apreciate the posts.
as i said ten months and the withdrawl was hell, i never wanna go back there i have 2 beautiful kids and theyre still young they need ot have a good mom its my main goal , being a good mom and stayng true to myself.I myself dont have a sponser,i have a few trust issues i feel the whole group i go to is a family ,Very supportive.I landed in the hospital in feb drunk and on nyquil bad combo. im doing good now ,getting all the help i can find.and ive heard it said a lot 67/67 is a family i think the tough questions Dave answers are the ones that not only make a difference in his fans ,but make him feel hes giving back to us a lil of what we give him ,and support is where its at .Thanks Dave Much love babes.*and dont worry im not even thinking about another trip out just wanted to know yer opinion on the issue*
Blessed be
Jewl

Posted by: JewlCanadainGirl at November 19, 2006 03:37 PM

Oh, the corny part I left out was something about how time sort of stops when I read something really good.

Posted by: Carly at November 19, 2006 03:39 PM

Hey Dave! I love reading you're Sunday 10. Well, with Thanksgiving coming up this week I was wondering what your plans were? I remember last year you would invite your single friends over and have dinner together. I hope you have a great Thanksgiving(and that also goes for all 6767ers!!)
*~Kendra

Posted by: Kendra at November 19, 2006 04:00 PM

*~Kendra

Posted by: Kendra at November 19, 2006 04:02 PM

Hey Dave,

Is there any chance of a West Coast appearance of Alice In Jane's at the Wiltern at the end of the month?

Just hoping!

Eric

Posted by: Eric Gross at November 19, 2006 04:18 PM

whats up dave,

i think of all the musicians that i love and follow, you've have had the best, most impressive career. everything you've done has had its own destinct sound.
i was wondering what kind of approach do you take when you get into new projects?

Posted by: Jeff at November 19, 2006 04:48 PM

Damn, I'm glad I got my baby back. (comp)

pEAce, clk

Posted by: Carly at November 19, 2006 05:31 PM

Loved the Christmas single and am now anxiously awaiting the release. You must start work on the video right away. So what do you want for Christmas this year? How long are the individual commercial spots on indie? Some of the ads seem to go on forever...my mind wanders.... I come back we are still on the same commercial. Some of them are like a miniseries - I lose track of what they are trying to sell. I know I have a short attention span - but it's ridiculous.

Posted by: m'ella at November 19, 2006 05:48 PM

Dave
you are so beautiful as a person. When I first saw you on the poker show last year, I had no idea who you were, did not follow your music in the past. Then I saw a youtube video of an interview you did when you were maybe 22 and you spoke of seeing yourself in the reflection of your oven as you lay on your kitchen floor trying to find a vein to shoot up. Well, I broke down crying and was never the same again. Somehow, you just changed my life for the better, made me more thankful and just better adjusted and tolerant. Its like I saw life for the first time. And you said something like you never envisioned that for yourself, seeing yourself like that.

Thank you for your honesty and providing a nice place for us, great music and outstanding writing!
love you. hi to everyone!

Posted by: Season at November 19, 2006 06:08 PM

Evening Dave & Co.,

Love the Sunday 10. Thanks, Dave, for sharing that special something about you that connects us to you and eachother.

Just needed to drop in to say I love this site and the "family." Jewl, hang tough girl. Get whatever support you need to make it one day at a time. It gets better, I promise. Fifteen years ago (7/5/91) I NEVER thought I'd be alive today - nonetheless enjoying the journey, even during the times when things may seem to suck. My brother wasn't so fortunate. My mom found him OD'd in his room (hot hit) at the age of 27 - 10 years ago (3/15/96). I miss him everyday - - - I hate missing all the people I once loved who didn't make it. Your beautiful children you - and so do we!

Peace ~
H.

Posted by: Heidi Z at November 19, 2006 07:27 PM

QUESTION:
When you make TV appearances/interviews (talk shows, etc.), do they pay you for it, or is it purely out of your own generosity?

Posted by: Cynthia at November 19, 2006 07:32 PM

My question: Anyway you could get to NZ with the Supernova tour? That would be AWESOME!

they're repeating RockStar INXS over here and the weekend repeat was the episode where Mig did the whole piano thing and you said it reminded you of how much you loved your wife... just wanted to say that it was a beautiful beliveable in the moment comment :o) shame times change things aye :o(

Posted by: hastn at November 19, 2006 07:38 PM

Dave ... I was just trolling through You Tube and saw the Punk'd think with you and Carmen in the SUV ... pretty funny!

Posted by: Aunt Sissy at November 19, 2006 07:41 PM

... ehhhh ... make that "punk'd thinG" ... sheesh

Posted by: Aunt Sissy at November 19, 2006 07:42 PM

Happy Sunday 67ers and Dave :)

Just taking a break from my hellacious English papers. I feel like Im cracked out of my mind...guess that's what happens when you write for 8 hrs straight!

I used something you said about Glengarry Glen Ross in one of my papers, DN...the part about the dialogue being the most important part and if you couldn't watch the actors saying the lines it doesn't lose its power. Then I went on to talk about the theatrical surroundings being minimalist to reflect that artistic choice by Mamet. Anyways, THANK YOU...in some weird way your answer totally helped me...I was feeling so brain dead and suddenly I remembered your insightful thoughts! :D

Poss Sun 6-10:
~Are you a fan of seeing live plays? If so what are some of your favorites?
~What's the last book you read?

Have a good night everyone! Love, Amber :)

Posted by: Ambersonian at November 19, 2006 07:44 PM

That is seriously one wicked image. I love, love love it.

Posted by: Wendybird at November 19, 2006 08:00 PM

you look so handsome dave in that picture on top.

Posted by: Season at November 19, 2006 08:30 PM

Mr. Navarro,

I know that you personally run all of your websites and I was wondering what Web Editor you use, if you create your own graphics, and if so what program do you use?

Posted by: Angel at November 19, 2006 09:15 PM

Don't the major labels still provide superior tour support than a indie label, or totally self financed touring?

I have heard of the ol' no push thing were it's like "You can't tour there since there are insuffecient album sales to allow it" Even though the label and/or distrubitor has done fuck all to help the situation...

Just wondering if you'd care to provide your take on that.

Posted by: Spencer at November 19, 2006 09:20 PM

I remember last year (or was it the year before that?) where there was a special CF Radio New Year's Eve show, and it was a cool thing that everyone needed to participate in that called in. Seeing how NYE is on a Sunday this year, will we have a similar type show? I'm confusing myself already. Here, this video should clear it up:

Posted by: OLDSCHOOL at November 19, 2006 09:33 PM

Gorgeous photo Dave xx

Posted by: mischa at November 19, 2006 10:29 PM

beautiful in that pic Dave.

Posted by: Nikki at November 19, 2006 10:55 PM

Hey mate,
I think I have a 10 for you. I know you get asked a lot of questions, but... Is TPC going to be playing the two Australian shows with Supernova? (also, major bummer that there is no Brisbane/Gold Coast show).

Posted by: Jaim at November 20, 2006 12:42 AM

As always, great stuff, Dave. I know this is one of those impossible to answer questions, but why do you think there is so much more hatred and ignorance in the world these days? You know, personally I think people have gotten so desensitized to murder and mayhem that they can't feel anything anymore. I graduated from HS in the eighties, and it's like I don't even recognize the world we live in anymore. Sorry for the heavy question...just one of those days I guess.

The Hooligan

Posted by: hooligan dave at November 20, 2006 01:27 AM

I just got back from the Juke Kartel concert at Canes in San Diego. That is where I met you for the first time Dave. You will be happy to know that before the concert, and during intermissions, they played just about every song on ONe! I was so happy, felt like TPC was there too. Well I did wear my TPC Hoodie.

Just want to say Toby and the band put on a great show. He is very nice, I got to talk with him before and after the concert. I told him I am going to see SN tomorrow at Jimmy Kimmel Live. Toby said he was going too, and if he sees me there, he can get me backstage. What a great kid.

Leigh my sobriety date is 2/9/2004. I had 5 years on two different occasions, I've been in the program for about 13 years now. I got complacent, and thought I could do it alone. No fuckin way! Jewel, we're always here for you!

P.S. Dave you are too hot to handle, and I have to go to sleep now. Sweet dreams!

Posted by: Linda from San Diego at November 20, 2006 02:23 AM

Shit. It's true that lost is not being aired till next Feb. WHY WHY WHY.

Posted by: Danz at November 20, 2006 05:14 AM

Hey, Dave. I just saw your Hal Leonard instructional guitar video. You seemed fairly annoyed with the guy conducting the interview (mullet, anyone?)--and justifiably so, he was a lousy interviewer -- but was this done during your relapse with drugs? What was the pill you took during the interview?

Posted by: BB at November 20, 2006 06:27 AM

What does the fork and spoon mean on the SRL logo?

Posted by: Max Danieli at November 20, 2006 06:30 AM

Dave, like me you are a very sarcastic guy. Lately my friends have been making my frequent use of sarcasm a big issue.....I can't help it! Have your sarcastic tendencies ever been a problem, and why do you think we feel the need to use it?

PEACE

Posted by: Max Danieli at November 20, 2006 06:39 AM

Dave, thanks for this weeks installment of the sunday 10. I love reading them. Your fans have such great questions. Maybe you could answer mine? I was wondering what exactly you can see from the stage during a performance? Do you see the whole venue or only a few rows of your adoring fans?

To JewelCanadianGirl:
Congrats on 10 months, I just celebrated being 6 months clean and sober myself. I know how hard it is, and Dave is right, get help- its easier when you aren't doing it alone.
Keep up the great work Jewel!!

Thank you 6767 family.

Posted by: Dayna at November 20, 2006 06:46 AM

Beautiful photo!!!

Posted by: Savvy1007 at November 20, 2006 06:59 AM

Hey dave, i don't know if you know this band Chaos Divine, but they have a very similar logo to TPC! Coincidence... http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=20277694

Posted by: zoezee at November 20, 2006 08:01 AM

I have been listening to INDIE for nearly 4 years now so I pretty much never hear much about KROQ
save for the emails I still get....so I had to share this part of the email they sent me:
Here is a lineup of the big 2 day xmas bash-

NIGHT TWO
Foo Fighters
Beck
The Ranconteurs
Gnarls Barkley
Snow Patrol

Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in~~~ What a nutZZ!! line-up. You still suck, KROQ. It's about the play-list, baby......

Posted by: Bird Vaczine at November 20, 2006 08:07 AM

Don't be talking like that to me I no smart and Hollybood take abtantage of me and it make coins and Borat he big 2 now, help ma!

Posted by: KWREK at November 20, 2006 08:09 AM

Whats happened to 6767TV? why isnt it working anymore?

Posted by: Mark at November 20, 2006 08:30 AM

Dayna,
Congratulations! Six months clean and sober, good for you! I know you've heard the saying one day at a time, sometimes it's one minute at a time. How great it is to share our sobriety, as many of you already know, I lost my son to a drug overdose. Stay strong ladies and anyone who is struggling with similar issues.

Posted by: Linda from San Diego at November 20, 2006 08:54 AM

Check out Mick Jones' [ex Clash] new band Carbon/Silicone. I'm assuming like most discerning music fans of a particular vintage you're a Clash fan. You'll dig what he's doing musically now adays and particularly his approach to getting the music out there via his website complete with CD artwork. I think they'd be a good at to the SPL play list and would be interested in hearing your take on the Clash. Joe Strummer's [sniff, miss him] work with the Mescalaro's is also outstanding.

Posted by: doughy at November 20, 2006 10:06 AM

D'oh! make that SRL play list

Posted by: doughy at November 20, 2006 10:07 AM

Hi Dave,

In regards to the answer you gave on question #2...this may sound silly but, how do you maintain a certain level of humanity and compassion while being surrounded by the chaotic superficial energies of Los Angeles? Does it not get to you at some point compared to other places?

I'm very curious as to how you deal with this.

Posted by: Kitane at November 20, 2006 10:08 AM

I'm currently reading the first half of "don't try this at home" and finding myself very sad and looking forward to the positive redemptive feeling that I'm told guides the last part of the book.

My question is...with all respect...do you find yourself, since your marriage with Carmen, holding on to those positive feelings about love and life that seemingly bloomed out of that relationship, or do you find yourself going back to more cynical ideas such as the Love/Christmas theory? If you don't want to answer this, I understand. It's definitely heavy and personal.

Bree Warner, that is a beautiful picture!

Posted by: Lynda (walkyrie333) at November 20, 2006 11:28 AM

I guess the town of Glod is getting the last laugh and for that I am happy. Glod translated into English means mud so yeah, I hope they get to throw some Borat's way and maybe, if we are all lucky, it will land "in eye of Borat." ;)

Posted by: Tina Paid at November 20, 2006 11:40 AM

Oye Navarro... que bola asere..

check out http://www.arrozconfrijoles.com

Posted by: Stoneloc at November 20, 2006 12:30 PM

Hi -

Ugh... Yet another (fairly) long, carefully thought-out posts got lost forever because I hastily had to run off and take care of something else... I can't catch a break lately.

Anyway... Beautiful pic, and very thought-provoking sentiments from Dave and all of you. Suffice to say that I can relate.

"Feel uncomfortable, let it pass and get through it."

"...you never envisioned that for yourself, seeing yourself like that."

"I know you've heard the saying one day at a time, sometimes it's one minute at a time."

So very, very true, all of this. Even those of us who are not actual "addicts" know how this feels. We ALL have pain, crosses to bear that seem insurmountable as we struggle to get to a better place. We all have things in life that drain us of our dignity and self-respect, and we scratch our head trying to figure out how the heck we got to that point and how the heck we get out.

One thing I do know is that re-focusing energy is a good way to start. As you sit there tempted to do something you know is harmful for you, know that you have infinite options... so many other things you can do to step outside yourself. Before you know it, you're engaged in something else, something new and wonderful.

For instance, you can reach out to help others in need... There is always someone or something out there who could use your support and assistance, or even just your presence.

I couldn't agree more with what Dave has to say about humility. It's a big world out there, and we're all tiny pieces of it. The world does not revolve around any one of us, contrary to what we think. We come and go. At the end of the day, all you can hope is that you enjoyed yourself and maybe did a few good things while you were here.

I hope that for all of you, the end is far away, and the good things are many.

Not exactly what I said before, but close enough.

Thanks/love,

Posted by: Denise at November 20, 2006 12:55 PM

Hey Dave...have you seen this? Just caught this at TMZ.com

Posted by: John D. at November 20, 2006 01:54 PM

Damn...forgot to ask in my last post, but what's your take on the Michael Richards controversy?

Posted by: John D. at November 20, 2006 01:59 PM

Good questions, good answers, and a great new pic. I'm glad I stopped by.

Posted by: Dana at November 20, 2006 02:07 PM

Any fears turning 40?

Posted by: Max Danieli at November 20, 2006 02:23 PM

John D., that clip is hilarious! They make it look like having lunch "alone" is a negative thing! Only a non-celebrity could ever view it that way -- I'll bet that for most "superstars" doing something alone and undetected in public is the greatest luxury. Money can't buy it, for sure!

Posted by: Lynda (walkyrie333) at November 20, 2006 02:44 PM

Hey Dave. I'm a little behind the times (college and all), but sorry to hear about your foot. Rotten luck, that.

I'm with you on the "Somebody's trying to tell you something!" garbage; injuries like that happen for no good reasons to perfectly healthy people. Hell, I've had to delay my army entrance twice now thanks to perfectly timed breaks in both ankles. Three year recovery now, and I'm joining up in the summer.

Anyway, just wanted to show a little injury-prone solidarity. Cheers.

Posted by: Eric at November 20, 2006 02:46 PM

Dave, I'm digging the Q&A weekly thing. Thanks for sharing :) I also recently checked out "Don't Try This at Home" from the library. I haven't started to read it yet, but will soon (still parusing the photobooth pics - my daughter and I do this instead of Sears Portraints, ha ha, and I'm hooked halfway through "Red Tent" at the moment). I'm looking forward to reading and learning more about you. Your honestly is nice, which makes you interesting actually. Also, my heart goes out to all those clean and sober - Yes! Lost my mom to an od too. It's hard; I know. And here's a question for ya Dave (and I'm sorry if you already answered this somewhere and I missed it)....Q: How do you drink your coffee? I'm thinking you take it black. Do you have a French press or an expresso machine at home? How do you prepare it? Or do you just make expresso shots? Or do you just get it on "the outside", but then you seem like you like hanging out at home though, ha ha .... I know not a very important, world changing question, but from one coffee lover to the next, I was curious. Peace and love from New Mexico!

Posted by: Miss S at November 20, 2006 04:23 PM

Hi Dave,
Who is your favorite James Bond & Bond girl?
Do you have an all time favorite Bond movie?

P.S> Hope your "November Pain"(foot & back) are healing well.

Posted by: CandiTowers at November 20, 2006 04:29 PM

Wow, there are some great questions this week! Thanks for the insightful answers, too Dave.

I actually have a question this week. Woo! :p You have a lot of influence and experience in the music business and I think it's admirable that you try and promote the cultivation of music and talent. I want to support, promote, and help manage music too, so badly, but I have no idea where to start.

Any advice for somebody just trying to start out in music promotion who has a love of music but no real footholds in the scene (unfortunately the music scene in my town is sometimes pretty limited)?

~Ali

Posted by: Ali at November 20, 2006 05:44 PM

With the little bit of downtime as of late, has it given any combination of the four of you a chance to write/work on new material? Maybe a bit of "Planchette"?

Posted by: Mike C. at November 20, 2006 08:24 PM

Ok, I am probably the only one here that does not know the answer to this but here goes: What is the meaning of 6767? Please be kind so I don't feel too stupid, ok? LOL

Leigh

Posted by: Cagirlygirl at November 20, 2006 08:26 PM

Hi Leigh, don't ever feel stupid,the 67ers here were all too kind to me when I joined so.....I am returing the favor.

6767 means Dave's birthdate. June 7, 1967:)

I have thought of a few more questions-

Considering this is Thanksgiving, what is your favorite Pig-out meal?

Did you happen to catch INXS in concert with JD and what did you think of him?

What made you decide to start the 67 blog up again after a few years?

Thankx DN< Db

Posted by: Danni from ND at November 20, 2006 08:42 PM

Thank-you so much Danni. I was trying to figure out if it had some deep spiritual meaning that I was too lost to understand - lol. Now I know that it was a lovely day in June. (Hell yes, I am kissing a** - lmao)

Leigh

Posted by: Cagirlygirl at November 20, 2006 08:59 PM

Do you ever get the urge to answer questions you think are crap just so you can close your Sunday 10?

Posted by: Sere at November 21, 2006 12:26 AM

Fiona Apple will be Carson D. now.

Posted by: Babette at November 21, 2006 01:52 AM

Do you derive more pleasure from emotionally intimate encounters, or casual encounters?

Posted by: Linda from San Diego at November 21, 2006 02:04 AM

God woman!

Are you still so pathetically desperate?

Posted by: Linda hater at November 21, 2006 03:19 AM

Why did you start doing the Sunday 10?

Posted by: Jane at November 21, 2006 03:59 AM

David - This Picture Of You Is Honestly - My Most Favorite Of You That I Have Seen And I've Seen At Least A Couple Hundred - Had Them Taped To My Walls For A Year Or So - Tryed To Send Love And Happyness Your Way - And Still Send It By The Way -
Always In Love -
Shellee Marie - The Living Dead Chick

Posted by: Shellee Marie Vise * The LivingDeadChick at November 21, 2006 05:57 AM

Dave
I was looking at your old JUSTICE HOWARD photos (awesome, by the way) and I noticed that where you have the CE tattoo now you used to have hair. How do you remove it nowadays? Do you wax it yourself or what? Also, I´m inclined to get rid of the hair on my nutz (theeeese nuts!)... Have you got any experience in that "area"...? What would you recommend?

thanks a lot...
MIKE WATERS, DC.

Posted by: Mike Waters at November 21, 2006 06:12 AM

That is a beautiful photo.

Posted by: Diane/FRI13th at November 21, 2006 07:38 AM

Hey Dave! I just finished designing the ad, but I don't know how to send it. can you tell me how?

(or anyone? :P)

-Shannon

Posted by: Shannon at November 21, 2006 07:52 AM

I don't know where he wants you to send it but He can receive mail at spreadradiolive@6767.com. Back 2 work~

Posted by: Carly at November 21, 2006 08:12 AM

Bravo on the DIY ethos.

Posted by: Scobra - The Skeleton Master at November 21, 2006 09:42 AM

What do you mean by left of center? Do you mean this in a political way? I don't see any connection between art and politics.

Later dude.

Posted by: MoombaMaster at November 21, 2006 10:20 AM

what tubes and capacitors do you use in the JCM-900's?

haha, just kidding. I know you have no idea about that.

I am curious if you ever use your whale blue PRS CU-24 anymore? I only see you with the white one these days.

Curt