« MySpace Awards: Last Night Of Voting | Main | Everybody Wins! »

November 01, 2006

Indie Artist of the Month

It's finally time to get started with the new Indie Artist of the Month contest on Spread Radio Live. We have selected five new artists that will be participating. You can listen to them and vote for your favorite soon as we will be launching the contest over the next couple of days at the Spread Radio Live site. The winner will be featured on the site and put into heavy rotation on the station. We are still, however, in need of a new Vixen! Anyone? Anyone? I know it must be intimidating to submit any photos as our official SRL girl, Raiana of KHZ, is so smoking HOT, but please, do us this service. By the way, it just so happens that it is Raiana's birthday today!!!! Happy Birthday baby girl!!! We love you! Go over to the KHZ Space and wish her a great day!

The new Storm Large track, Ladylike is now available on iTunes. Storm invited me to play on the track and it really came out killer. Storm is bad ass!!!

Thanx to everyone who helped vote for The Panic Channel and this blog, especially Allan, who kept us updated throughout the process! I can't really figure out who won what, as it appears that they just started over. We shall see.

This just in: Meet Gavin from New Smyrna, Florida! He has put together the year's "scariest" costume idea, but somehow, HE makes it work! What an adorable little dude! Thank you Gavin, I am honored! Thanx to Savannah for sending me the photo. Happy Halloween to you and your family!

November 1, 2006 12:42 PM

Comments

Good morning (here in Australia) to you Dave.

Posted by: Maree in Aus at November 1, 2006 01:15 PM

hey Dave
just wanted to let u know itunes screwed up and its not up yet. i really wanna hear it too.
Jon

Posted by: jon Fast at November 1, 2006 01:16 PM

The photo of you on the bed with your guitar and in your stocking feets is smokin' hot!!!!

Posted by: Jackie Dubs at November 1, 2006 01:17 PM

Now THOSE are nice ..umm.. shoes!

Posted by: Digger at November 1, 2006 01:17 PM

Dude! Those aren't LiLo's shoes are they?

Posted by: Elise at November 1, 2006 01:17 PM

Hey Dave,

If we submit for Vixen and get selected, do we get to meet ya?

Posted by: jess at November 1, 2006 01:18 PM

WE WANNA BE INDIE ARTIST OF THE MONTH DAVE!!

Mindsight is a genre in itself; featuring predominately rock, this sound is entwined with melodic hooks and ambient landscapes that transcend through pop and latin influence to ensure a style all their own.

The Mindsight sound is focused through friends, family, life, love & music. “Without these great people standing before us cheering and witnessing our music and creativity live, our sound probably would have developed completely different, we are so thankful to ALL who have supported us thus far in our journey”. With influences ranging all over the board from Deftones and Head Automatica to Dave Matthews Band and John Butler Trio… it’s hard to put them in one category of musical influence.

If you have yet to come and check out a Mindsight show, please do. They have played venues across the country including: The Roxy and Viper Room in West Hollywood, CA; House of Blues in Las Vegas, NV; Exit/In in Nashville, TN; The Rave in Milwaukee, WI; Congress Theatre, Metro and Double Door in Chicago, as well as many more.

In addition to touring, Mindsight has been honored to open for national acts along the likes of: P.O.D., Phunk Junkeez, Ill Nino, Lacuna Coil, Soulfly, Dark New Day, Powerman 5000, STAIND, Three Days Grace and SOIL. Grab a copy of their newly released demo featuring "Back Alley Requiem" FREE at any upcoming performance and come witness something “out of sight, out of mind”.

Tony (the Maestro) Bisceglie
630-291-1046

animal3641@aol.com

www.mindsightmusic.com

www.myspace.com/mindsight

Posted by: MINDSIGHT at November 1, 2006 01:19 PM

Yep, Stormy's "Ladylike" is not in Itunes. When I searched for Storm Large, the results were the Roger Wilson interviews! WTF?

Yes that picture of you on your bed Dave is obnoxiously hot. I about fell out of my chair when I came to 6767 yesterday. Why hasn't Bill Gates developed the technology yet so that I could jump in the picture with you? Ha.

Dave, I'm going to submit my vixen pictures to you soon. I'm just waiting to get my website done and published to the web first. Can the winner come take your brazilian-yoga-hiphop class that you teach? HAHAHA.

Posted by: Erica at November 1, 2006 01:45 PM

hey Dave let me know where to post my pics ill be your srl girl since i have a kick ass one i just uploaded to my photobucket account..

Posted by: JewlCanadainGirl at November 1, 2006 02:21 PM

Dave

it was and is a pleasure

your comment touched my heart

you and The Panic Channel deserve to win !!!!!!

thanks for the friendship

i keep praying for the troops to get "Back to the USA"--safe and sound !!!

peace to all

Allan

Posted by: allan palmer at November 1, 2006 03:05 PM

Still no Ladylike available on I-Tunes.....what the fuck?

D

Posted by: Dawna Allison at November 1, 2006 03:12 PM

Now that's just crazy talk...all those delicious women in your top 20 and none of them want to be a Vixen? Are they bound by contractual obligations? Are they just bound? What about the girl that owns the cool shoes, for that matter, what about the 'girl' from the video?

Nuts, I tell you, Nuts!!

jezzi(don't MAKE me send my picture..muahahaha)

Posted by: jezebel at November 1, 2006 03:14 PM

Afternoon Dave. :-) Hope you had fun rolling with your homies last night. :-) Cool, looking forward to hearing the bands for the next Indie contest. If anyone hasn't picked up a copy of kHz's "Reality On A Finer Scale," yet, do yourself a favor because they f'ing rock and are super sweet peeps. Dave, at least you're fair... you gave us a smookkkin' picture of yourself, yesterday, and today it's the guys' turn with that shot of Raiana. Unfortunately, that kind of hotness is completely wasted on me... but that pic did make me think "OMG Shoes!" LOL "Those shoes *rule.*" Of course, you did mention Stormy, who is also capable of setting objects on fire just by casually brushing past them. LOL So, I figure that means we need another picture of you, again... just to keep the universe balanced. ;-) Hey, I'm just looking out for your karma, dude. ;-) Peace peeps.

Posted by: Sanlin at November 1, 2006 03:33 PM

Dave, that pic of R. is out of this world. Did you take it? If so, inspirations, thoughts, etc.

Nice.

Posted by: Carly at November 1, 2006 03:38 PM

Maybe you should just be the SRL fox of the month. We don't mind seeing more of you.

Or how about your friend Todd? What does he look like anyway? Is he hot?

Posted by: S at November 1, 2006 03:47 PM

that little Dave Navarro is rockin!

and yes, thanks Allan for reminding us to vote.

Posted by: Season at November 1, 2006 03:59 PM

I'm Jonesing for the Ladylike track... hellllp!

Posted by: Marnie at November 1, 2006 04:33 PM

How's the back doing?

Posted by: Tina at November 1, 2006 05:08 PM

Great pic of Raiana. Lord have mercy!

Posted by: Jamie at November 1, 2006 05:10 PM

Hmm. I'd probably give being a vixen a shot... but I don't have anyone to take fancy pics of me, and I don't have the cami set. Eh, well.

Posted by: The Ren at November 1, 2006 05:35 PM

Q: Seriously Dave, How do you pick the questions for
Sunday 10??? Do you read through all of our nonsense!?

I love the Sunday 10, thanks!

Posted by: Jmitchkc at November 1, 2006 05:35 PM

I am not sure what is creepier, that Navarro doll or Gavin's costume! LOL He's a cutie, but that costume! LOL Clever.

VioletWordsmith

Posted by: VioletWordsmith at November 1, 2006 05:56 PM

Happy Birthday Riania! That boy Navarro is adorable!! Now, that I am at home I can focus and read it all again~ I love your post 2day! ;)

Posted by: Carly at November 1, 2006 06:39 PM

found the new version of Ladylike on MSN sounds great.

Posted by: marylynn at November 1, 2006 06:44 PM

That is a rad little dude,

I bet he got lotsa candy that night!!!

Posted by: Spencer at November 1, 2006 06:48 PM

Ok, so I guess I could claim sleepiness on my not spelling Raina correctly.. I do like that photo~ Peace.

Posted by: Carly at November 1, 2006 06:50 PM

i wanna be a vixen but i still feel a little young to submit- maybe when im 21 at least!!

haha when i go to the gym tonite thatll keep me motivated!!

Posted by: CallyJ at November 1, 2006 06:50 PM

Raiana is a gorgeous name. ;)

Posted by: Carly at November 1, 2006 07:03 PM

awwhh little Gavin's costume is just soooo cute !! He looks so proud to be sporting Dave's tattoos. hehehe

Posted by: CandiTowers at November 1, 2006 07:09 PM

You can get Ladylike from either MSN or Buy.com and let me tell ya, it's FUCKING SICK! Absolutely insane! I loved it before, but dear God, the new mix is totally out of control. It's got to just explode.

Speaking of Storm, Dave, what about Miss Large as the vixen of the month? Seriously.

Posted by: Deena13 at November 1, 2006 08:02 PM

Hey Dave, no idea who won... hope it was you and by the way, it looks like they started over because it's a different contest.. looks like you're up for Sexiest Celebrity, Best Podcast/Radio show, Best Myspacer Crush, Best Actor/Actress, and Best band. So now you and everyone else around here knows, good luck dude, and put the word out, you have plenty of followers to back you!

Much Love,
Tiff

Posted by: Tiff at November 1, 2006 08:22 PM

Mira...I done shit my pants again, Papi.

Posted by: Papi at November 1, 2006 09:41 PM

Mira?

Posted by: papi at November 1, 2006 09:43 PM

Hey Dave, (and everyone else)
You're linking to the wrong version of Ladylike in your post...

Click on my name to get the right one, yo.

btw - You sound great on it!

Posted by: tremans at November 1, 2006 10:43 PM

Dave, is it the page layout that caused ass!!! to be below the photo of Raiana? HAHAHA

Posted by: Linda from San Diego at November 1, 2006 10:59 PM

Dave
It would be much better to see you in a thong on the blog!
Thanks for all the photos you have posted recently.
Do you picture all your female fans to be 20 year old big breasted beauties? Is it ok that a bunch of 40 year old women are staring too, or does that creep you out, lol..

Posted by: KuT at November 1, 2006 11:57 PM

Nothing.

Posted by: helen@vodka.com at November 2, 2006 02:28 AM

Nothing

Posted by: heiya!!! at November 2, 2006 02:29 AM

Oh fur fucks sake you are so gay, who don't you just admit it, you sleep in pink sheets for fyucks sake. You wear red braces for fucks sake.

Posted by: mathenaticina at November 2, 2006 02:31 AM

Aw Dave, what a cute picture!

Kinda let's you see what the future might hold????

always,
me

Posted by: Angel at November 2, 2006 04:13 AM

Man, I though you learnt to play on an acoustic?

Posted by: leroy at November 2, 2006 04:32 AM

Kids? Yuck. All they do is shit and barf, and it takes forty fucking years to get rid of them..... if ever.

Don't do it dude.

A parent speaks.

Posted by: I hate babies at November 2, 2006 04:39 AM

Watch out, Dave! Looks like you got some competition.

Hi, Gavin!

Posted by: Jenn at November 2, 2006 06:51 AM

deena13, I was thinking the same thing, what about Storm as the vixen....

Posted by: Bratty at November 2, 2006 07:16 AM

Dave you should do a photo shoot with Raiana, you're both so photogenic and lovely to look at in general.

k.

Posted by: khz'sKate at November 2, 2006 08:23 AM

iTunes has Storm's LADYLIKE under STORM LARGE and The BALLS

Posted by: MusicFan at November 2, 2006 08:29 AM

I know it's a little early, but Billy Idol has a Christmas album...

MySpace video for Jingle Bell Rock:

Posted by: Caffeinated Sue at November 2, 2006 08:30 AM

Good morning! Happy Birthday, Raiana!

What a cute Halloween pic. When is the "Dave Navarro Multicolor Beginner Model" hitting the stores? :)

Speaking of models, surely you jest about needing a SRL vixen... you clearly have LOADS of virtually flawless hot ladies to choose from right in your own back yard. But if you're ever at a loss (yeah, right) and I ever have anything of value to bring to the table (and a brilliant photographer), I'd be glad to help a fellow human being in need.

For now I offer wishes of love, happiness, and peace...

Posted by: Denise at November 2, 2006 09:30 AM

I went to high school with a guy named dave navarro...whenever he entered a room he would say' hey it's dave navarro' !! it was quite funny. i enjoy your blog...peace and love.
laura

Posted by: Laura at November 2, 2006 09:37 AM

Sup Sexies

Damn Raiana is Smoking in that foto...and the booty looks bang'n BOY!!!

So a thread in the asylum is saying that you guys are not touring with Supernova...I just checked and your still listed as opening band on ticketmaster site. Please confirm...again, I'm sure your getting sick of it, but you know a girl'z gotta get her fix of TPC, know what I'm say'n!!!

One more thing honey...I love you 'n all but would you mind keeping your cock out of my dreams at night...it's keeping me up at night and driving crazy. It kind of gives me the insestual creeps if you know what I mean, suga...

Kisses~

Posted by: chrissy at November 2, 2006 09:56 AM

Hey Dave,
Seems your latest pix is a hit with everyone -- you are one sexy man, but you're the whole package - looks, brains, talent. Nice.

I saw Alice in Chains in Albany, NY on Sunday night. They were awesome. You'll be at the Pepsi Arena in Albany in January. Got my tickets and can't wait. (To see TPC anyway - don't really care a great deal about Supernova, but happy to check them out).

Just FYI, as this concept may be of interest to hear about because you're so supportive of fellow artists: I do fundraising for an artists' retreat in upstate NY and we have a lot of visiting composers/musicians. Not rock yet, though (sorry!) -- mostly classical and some jazz. We support all artistic disciplines (writers, painters, composers, etc.) by offering residencies free of charge (application process only - and the competition is steep, as you can imagine) so talented people can come and create their art in a supportive environment.
Who are your top 5 favorite guitarists (we know Hendrix is in there)? And do you know Zakk Wylde?
Hope your back is 100% again. Keep smiling.
Love ya, Lynn

Posted by: Lynn at November 2, 2006 10:06 AM

Scott Dobson v. Patrick Wark

Dave, who would go farther on Supernova, Scott Dobson doing his best impression of Carlos Santana or Patrick Wark playing the air guitar to Zeppelin?

Posted by: bob polin at November 2, 2006 10:08 AM

Thanks for sharing your pictures with us!

Posted by: Dee at November 2, 2006 10:20 AM

Dave and all,

Wish I thought of this first... check out the sellaband site:

www.sellaband.com

The article that I read is located on yahoo at:

Luv ya,

Michele

Posted by: Michele at November 2, 2006 11:15 AM

That pic of the mini Dave is just too cute.

Good morning my sweet and sexy Dave. Love CC

Posted by: Crecencia at November 2, 2006 11:36 AM

Dave
hope you and all the people are having a good day !!!

this is confusing on the voting :
voting like it is now is difficult to deal with---we can only vote once an hour and in one catagory--so if i vote Dave in one area---i get locked out to vote for Dave in the other areas -----gggggrrrrrr !!!!!!
the SRL indie artist is great --- new sounds and ideas ---
Gavin is quite the rockin' guitarist----Dave and Gavin dueling guitars !!!

peace to Dave and all of you

allan

Posted by: allan palmer at November 2, 2006 12:35 PM

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Dave you have a mini dave ...oh thats sooo cute of a costume..nice to see ya poating it on the site to man love how you always give backl top the fans that love you and suppost their kids being yer body double..cute child..

Savannah yer son is adorable
love to you and the 67/67 family