« Film | Main | Days Away From Open »

May 03, 2006

Heart/SRL Event

The Heart Decades show I participated in will air on May 5th on VH1 Classic at 8:00pm. Not only does Heart put on an amazing show, but there is an Alice In Chains reunion as well. Check it out!

More information on the Spread Radio Live show in LA: As it stands, the event will take place on June 17th at The Dragonfly in Los Angeles. Confirmed bands are Killola and KHZ. There is another act performing but due to their engagement at the Roxy on the 7th, I legally can't announce them as it is only 10 days later. (There is a 30 day contract about playing twice in the same month with some venues.) This is to be the first of many shows that will feature new bands and celebrate the home grown, underground of new entertainment. We are all taking it back! This is just a heads up as the official announcement hasn't taken place and tickets aren't available yet. I'll let you know when they are.

May 3, 2006 08:28 AM

Comments

am i first?

Posted by: zoezee at May 3, 2006 08:33 AM

oh wow! carry on...

btw, can't wait to hear who the other band is. looking forward to the SRL show!

Posted by: zoezee at May 3, 2006 08:33 AM

I know who it is. Pretty sly! =]

Posted by: Liz at May 3, 2006 08:42 AM

All I can say to that is...
WAY COOL!!!

Posted by: Savvy at May 3, 2006 09:24 AM

Gee, are the initials TPC w/DN!!!

Posted by: Savvy at May 3, 2006 09:27 AM

Dos preguntas:
¿Any relation to DIONER NAVARRO, the catcher of the LA Dodgers?
¿Which covers will you be performing? If you can squeeze a FILTER song in there, it would be greatly appreciated.

Have a fun practicing this week!

See you in THE MILE HIGH CITY.

Later,
Mike from NYC

Posted by: Mike from NYC at May 3, 2006 10:28 AM

Thank you Dave!

I want to make sure that I tape the concert!

Always,
me

Posted by: Angel at May 3, 2006 12:22 PM

June 17th, eh? Happy Birthday to me :)

Posted by: Theresa at May 3, 2006 12:36 PM

Dave, you got to check this out. There's a fight going on here in the comments, it's wild:

Posted by: ylais at May 3, 2006 12:40 PM

Hey Dave did you purposely delete yesterdays posts, and if so, why? Maybe I'm wrong, but I've never seen one disappear before. Did you not like what we had to say?

I really wanted to see the Heart concert. I ordered digital cable so I could get VH1 Classics. Alas the signal was too weak, so I couldn't get it. I hope some day they'll put it on regular VH1, or put it out on DVD.

Since the last post was deleted, once again I would like to wish HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SWEET MARIVIC! Thank Danni, Chris and Jezebel for all their support. I love you guys too!

Chris, ONE DAY AT A TIME! Thank you for trusting me enough to share your story.

Posted by: Linda at May 3, 2006 12:44 PM

duh... (slaps forhead) it took me a good minute to figure it out.....

so slow.

Posted by: wendybird at May 3, 2006 01:27 PM

That's ok, Wendy. I actually went to the venue site and looked at their calendar. And then went....duhhhhhhhh. So you can slap my forehead too!! *wonders if I could possibly talk Will into a two-week vacation in Cali...hmmmmm*

Posted by: Bonita at May 3, 2006 02:34 PM

thanks linda....you rock girl!

Posted by: chris at May 3, 2006 03:37 PM

Hey beautiful 67's,just got back from E-news online and it is asking what could possibly gotten Commndr in Chief axed today? Well Dave,guess we won't tortured~

Posted by: Carly at May 3, 2006 07:50 PM

oops* my phone browser is a pain- I guess we won't be tortured by that eicchh! show anymore- Ya know, you're not really the president- (:

Posted by: Carly at May 3, 2006 07:57 PM

yeah, that ms. davis actually started to think she was the prez- duh Gina!

Posted by: BV at May 3, 2006 08:22 PM

That is strange Linda, DN? What is going on > Just showin her sum love? Too bad I don't have VH1 klassics. I REALLY liked what Gregg had to say about liking the "girl next door type" on SRL last night :) There is hope for those of us who don't like to show our boobs and asses! Good night DN- Cam was nice last night!

Posted by: Danni at May 3, 2006 11:06 PM

hey family

sorry i havent been in on SRL, dont really have access other than the PC at work at the moment

hope you all miss me

lotsa love

kyle

Posted by: Kyle at May 4, 2006 03:41 AM

Posted by: me/still....the....living....dead/shelleemarievise at May 4, 2006 03:46 AM

I have a question about SRL. Is there somewhere it displays the date the show aired originally? I always wonder when I hear one I've missed, until I get clues like, "well, I'm in NY" or referring to Sundance so I can place the timeframe. Maybe it could scroll somewhere if it's not now? And if it is posted, can someone show me where?! Thanks.
Check out the cool pic I posted in the NYC Show thread, it's the livenation email I got promoting the Avalon show.

Posted by: Sue at May 4, 2006 05:55 AM

hmmm, strange things are afoot at the Circle K...name that movie!!!

Dave, what's this I hear about you and the Panic Channel at an Xbox show, gaming LIVE? Aww, yeah!!

love to the ladies!
jezzi(and gents)

Posted by: jezebel at May 4, 2006 06:24 AM

Aw, Jez--the masterpiece is Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure. I love that movie!

Posted by: Sue at May 4, 2006 06:41 AM

"There is another act performing but due to their engagement at the Roxy on the 7th, I legally can't announce them as it is only 10 days later." <-- Doesn't that kinda narrow it down...? ;D

Posted by: Sheamus at May 4, 2006 07:48 AM

I love it how ya all cleverly circumvented their "restrictions".

Posted by: Savvy at May 4, 2006 07:59 AM

2 Anthony K.~~ Heard u on another L.A. rock station and I just wanted 2 let u know that the Q. about you're last 2 cd's was f*cked~~-had funk & they rocked!

Posted by: Carly at May 4, 2006 08:13 AM