« Camp Freddy At Tsunami Benefit Tonight | Main | Sunday 10 »

February 19, 2005

Tsunami Benefit Wrap Up

Davej5rob(John 5, Dave, Rob Zombie)

Last night's benefit was just insane. No Doubt were really great of course, as there is nothing that Gwen could do that would suck! She could sing over the sound of nails on a chalkboard and it would be sexy as hell. (No, I'm not saying the band sounds like that, they are all really incredible players.) I caught a few moments of Linkin Park with Jay-Z and I must say it was pretty rockin'. As I mentioned, Ozzy pulled out due to a family situation, but the big shock came when Blink 182 pulled out. Supposedly, they broke up yesterday, at least, that's what we were told. Anyway, best of luck to those guys. So here is the set Camp Freddy did at the Anaheim Pond last night as the show's closer:

Supervision_2(Dave supervises Donovan's make-up)

(Matt Sorum and Chris Chaney were out, so Stephen Perkins (drums) and Chris Wiess (bass) filled in beautifully.)

Rock Superstar - Be Real and Sen Dog of Cypress Hill
Ballroom Blitz - Donovan, John 5
Whole Lotta Love - Richard Patrick of Filter, Billy Duffy and Adrian Young of No Doubt on a second kit!
Should I Stay - Billy Duffy, John 5
Thunder Kiss '65 - Rob Zombie, John 5
Feel Like Makin' Love - Gavin Rossdale, Billy Duffy
I Wanna Be Your Dog - Gavin Rossdale, Billy Duffy, John 5

Daverelief

Poor Davey Havok of AFI got stuck in an airport as his plane was grounded due to bad weather. We had to cut Ziggy Stardust which he has done with us before and kills every time. All in all it was an amazing night for a great cause and the place was just rockin' out hard. When Zombie hit the stage and mass mosh pit broke out. That was a real treat. This band started on a whim at a hotel opening three years ago. It was a pleasure and an honor to be able to play the sold out 12,000 capacity arena with such fine musicians. A very special moment for me was when I noticed about three rows back, fellow 6767er Toby, wearing his Panic Channel T-shirt. Nice one, man! Perk and I were all smiles.

Said You'd Be (Live):Flash Version.

Bloody Mary:Flash Version.

February 19, 2005 01:31 AM

Comments

Woooooo Hoooooo!!!!!!!! I'm first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: DN6767 at February 19, 2005 01:43 AM

Sounds like a lot of little dramas going on....glad to hear the show was great regardless!! Wish I could have been there...Now I can feel like all of the poor ppl who live outside of the SoCal area who miss out on stuff....it sucks!

Have a good day everyone!!!

Posted by: Abby at February 19, 2005 01:58 AM

Wow, man. Nuts -- would love to have been there, but work intervened... Still feel priveleged to have seen the KeyClub CF show -- hard to top that.

Posted by: Mike at February 19, 2005 02:09 AM

Wow sounds like it was such a good show ! Gwen rules - I love her new album . Thanx for the flash versions of Bloody Mary and Said You'd Be .

Georgina x
aka redhotchilifoo

Posted by: Georgina at February 19, 2005 02:25 AM

aww yeah... kudos to Toby, gotta represent!!

Bummer about Ozzy and Blink, but glad it was a great show regardless. From what I heard on the phone the energy was crazy!

Goodnight all, sleep well and have a great weekend!

Posted by: mortisha8 at February 19, 2005 02:30 AM

Damm you, DN6767, whoever you are!!!
oops, my bad...

hey, thanks so much to Rain, who woke me up from a bad dream to a favorite song of mine.

Dave!!!! Have you met Michelle Branch?

jezzi(up past my bedtime)

Posted by: jezebel at February 19, 2005 02:41 AM

my pics are up. http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=f5bgwkm.be7b0v2&x=1&y=-7b1lda

Posted by: Rain at February 19, 2005 02:48 AM

good for you guys pulling it all off despite all of the hitches...

*cough*and seriously try and play some gigs in the UK sometime soon*cough*

Sx

Posted by: Soph at February 19, 2005 03:20 AM

Hey Dave,
When you gave up using substances ,how did you hang out with friends that still used?
What approach did you use to let you new sober self shine?
Without feeling like a loser.

cheers,
Lion

Posted by: Lion-Heart at February 19, 2005 04:07 AM

Some press pics.

Posted by: Annie415 at February 19, 2005 04:08 AM

"Woooooo Hoooooo!!!!!!!! I'm first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Now THAT shit was funny!! Just would like to take time to Thank You Man for this, this thing called CF. What a monster it's become, and I'm sure that last night was very special for you and all attending and performing, and all for such a good cause. Being able to do what you do, and have it bring joy AND funds to a much needed situation, has got to be nothing less than extremely satisfying. There's very few Heroes out there in music, but you and CF and TPC are certainly in those ranks, IMO. I just hope that the vids were rolling for a massive DVD release one day. Have a great day, folks!

Posted by: Lyn at February 19, 2005 04:29 AM

Oh, just a reminder, I do a pretty mean version of Ziggy myself, so, in a pinch....just hollar!!!

Posted by: Lyn at February 19, 2005 04:31 AM

good morning 6767, I've been in lurk mode for a little while, but I had a few moments this morning. first off, Dave, I think its so cool you take time off to do the benefit show when your allready so busy with everything else. i'm loving, Said You'd Be of course. I saw Motley Crue last night in Tampa. They tore the roof off the place. played a lot of old stuff. It was awsome. On another cool note I've been asked to do some session work for a local singer who is putting togeather a showcase album. I'm hopeing I can post a couple of songs when I'm done. luv u all.

Posted by: Shane at February 19, 2005 05:33 AM

just incase anyone missedit, Dave was first!!!!!wooo hoooo!!

Dave, the show sounded great, the line up was one of the best iv ever read that Camp Freddy has produced, all awesome stars from all areas in music. wish i could have been there.

sounded like there were alot of problems with organisation of the event, but i guess that comes with any show and event, but i really wish i couldve been there!

all the best,

kyle

Posted by: Kyle at February 19, 2005 06:12 AM

I take it Dave meant Chris Wyse, yet another former Cult member? How incestuous, I love it.

Posted by: bobbi O at February 19, 2005 06:19 AM

some had a pass of wireimage???
i cant see the pics in large

thanks

Posted by: francisco at February 19, 2005 06:19 AM

P.S., shocking news about Blink182, very sad. Travis is 1 hell of a good drummer, in my opinion 1 of the best in music currently!!!

others include:
Mike Portnoy
Steven Perkins
Jose Pasillas
Josh Freese
Danny Carey
Taylor Hawkins
Chad Smith
Jimmy Chamberlain

thats my opinion anyway, sorry, i went abit off teh topic!

very sad, i wonder what Travis willl do next??

Posted by: Kyle at February 19, 2005 06:26 AM

Dave~
Glad the show went well for you. I am kind of shocked Blink broke up. Anyway, have a good day!

Posted by: Patricia at February 19, 2005 06:42 AM

Last night sounded off the heez Dave! Thanx for the first review, u spoil us!!

For some reason I can't get "Said You'd be" to play "(
the box comes up and I get no sound/no play,pause buttons to hit, help!!! I'm dyin to hear it!!!!

Posted by: Colleen at February 19, 2005 06:53 AM

Sounds like a good night, too bad about Blink, maybe they were pretenders all along?

On another note, did anyone see the new sports illustrated swim suit issue ? in it there is a section where they had the models take strips in a photo booth, very similar to certain book i've read. I think for copping your idea you should get to use a couple of them for a panic channel video or something. :)

Posted by: John at February 19, 2005 08:05 AM

So this is the famous blog of Dave Navarro? I must say that I like it :)
It's great to see you blogging like "regular" people, and I do enjoy reading your entries. Keep up the good work!
By the way, I'm glad to hear you had a great time at the benefit, and I very shocked to hear that Blink broke up! I mean, I really like Blink, and it's a pity that they're not a band anymore, but I do think that they could've stayed together for just one more day, for the Tsunami victim's sake...

Posted by: Ine at February 19, 2005 08:12 AM

By the way, Dave, I linked you in my blog because I think your blog is really interesting. Hope that's okay with you... If it's not, let me know, and I'll remove the link straight away.

Posted by: Ine at February 19, 2005 08:16 AM

Hey Dave

Thanks for the wrap up!! Weird about everyone who couldn't be there but I'm sure Camp Freddy nailed it!!

Living out of SoCal does suck Abby... I feel the pain with you. Have a great Saturday everyone.

Posted by: reezie at February 19, 2005 08:54 AM

hi dave,
hi im a blink fan but i did come and see janes addiction at the hammersmith apollo last year it was amazing. anyway i just wanted to know along with everyone who has been posting on the blink site today if it is true that they have split up.
ant

Posted by: ant at February 19, 2005 09:24 AM

Hi Dave & friends,

I finally had a chance to view the clips -and they rock! Bravo!

Colleen - I didn't see any play or pause buttons either unless I scrolled over the pop-up window. If it doesn't work at ALL, it may be a javascript error.

The show must've been incredible. (Thanks to Rain and Annie for posting pics!) I could care less about Blink 182, but I'm glad to hear that No Doubt is still together. I didn't know if Gwen's solo and fashion projects signalled the end of the band, and I'm glad to hear that this is not the case. They're the "real deal" and seem like genuinely nice people.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day. I'm sure I will "see" you all around. :)

-Denise

Posted by: Denise at February 19, 2005 09:25 AM

ooh, Colleen and Denise, I am feeling you!!!
I've tried clearing cache, different browsers, different computers, nothing...grrrr

oh well, DAVE!! Call in to CFR tonight and request it, please?

jezzi(Travis is from my hood!)

Posted by: jezebel at February 19, 2005 09:40 AM

I'd LOVE to hear a calibration between Dave and Janie Garside of Queen Adreena.

If you haven't heard of Queen Adreena, go do so.

Posted by: Zimphire at February 19, 2005 09:51 AM

wow...sounds like an amazing show...i would've loved to see you and John 5 up there cutting away at it...you two are my most favorite guitarists of rock today.

i agree with denise...could care less about Blink 182...but i'm glad about No Doubt...they are a great band...and ROB ZOMBIE...i love him...it sounds like it was an amazing show...it sounds like you guys killed it

keep up the great work...much love to everyone out there!

-love, emily

Posted by: blondimofo at February 19, 2005 10:00 AM

The show sounds like it was amazing!!!!!! It's awesome that everyone pulled it together without some of the people that were supposed to be there.Sometimes it's hard to hold together something that's falling apart,but it would have been for a great cause.A cause much bigger than any ego.Wish I could have been there!!!!!
xoxo

Posted by: jaclyn at February 19, 2005 10:11 AM

"Woooooo Hoooooo!!!!!!!! I'm first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

LMAO Dave...you're too funny!

Rain...thanks for the pics...glad you and Toby got to go!

Happy Rainy Saturday, Family :D

Posted by: Cori at February 19, 2005 10:20 AM

I just found your site. Awesome! The show sounds like it was amazing!

Posted by: gardens grey at February 19, 2005 10:22 AM

Jezzi & Colleen - I DID get it to work, fortunately. But I've had problems in the past. When I installed Java, it seemed to fix the problem. (You can download it from http://www.java.com/en/) Hopefully that helps!

-D

Posted by: Denise at February 19, 2005 10:47 AM

dave:
i want to ask about how you conect your effects(the order) live, especial the digital delay, do you conect it before or after the distor, and if you use the amp distortion do you conect it into the effects input? because you know, to use the amp distor and the delay conected normally sounds to repetitive to me.
o also want to know if its gona be available any dvd of the janes addiction strays tour. thanks

Posted by: sergio at February 19, 2005 11:51 AM

Hey Dave,

Paul Rogers is considered the greatest Rock n Roll singer in music today. If you could work with any singer who would it be?

Posted by: RICH at February 19, 2005 12:19 PM

paul rodgers ?.................Glenn Hughes Is the greatest............and ozzy...............

Posted by: ric at February 19, 2005 12:22 PM

i cant find the blink 182 info anywhere online. then again, im not a fan so im not trying to hard. i just hope you dont land in shit for breaking the news too early, dave.

ugh...worst live band ive seen, perhaps.

Posted by: andrew at February 19, 2005 01:21 PM

Dave, Dave, Dave... damn love you¡¡¡ that pic of you Rob and John5 is so great, hot hot hot. =)
I´m a big fan of the three, so that picture of all together is a big deal to me, thank you for that men.
sounds like last night was a lot of fun, is when I´m asking to myself why I live in Mexico??
and yeahh is see you are first¡¡¡¡¡¡¡
love to all..
HI Blanca ...
Diana

Posted by: Diana at February 19, 2005 02:10 PM

I would like to say HELLO to everyone on this site! Visiting this place each day makes me a happy person!
DAVE-You SEXY BASTARD! I have these hopes that one day you will play on my album. Hopefully someday sooner than later. And maybe if the Gods are up there they will bless me with your presence on stage too :)
I'm feeling that hat..

Blink 182, very sad. GWEN - THE ROCK. Love her to Death~! I say the same as others have said above, as long as the band stays together thats all that matters.
Hope you all have a safe night...
peace
TL from NY

What's happening with all the rain in California? Mudslides? Scary..
Anyway- I've been writing all day long (songs) and my eyes are beginning to fall out of my head. Got 5 songs to learn for Monday nights show in NY and I'm a little overwhelmed but I'm sure I'll pull it off.

Posted by: TL at February 19, 2005 02:37 PM

Sounds like the show was amazing! I only wish I could have been there, damn my family making me live all the way over here in England...I feel so detatched from it all! Those pics helped the matter though ^_^
Painting nearly done, could I post it here when it's finished? somebody? anybody! :P
Much Love,
Rosie xx
Thanks again for the fantabulous blog Dave I'm still getting to grips with it all!

Posted by: Rosie at February 19, 2005 03:06 PM

"Woooooo Hoooooo!!!!!!!! I'm first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

LMAO Dave...you're too funny!"

was it really him??? or just someone joking around??

Posted by: Luiz at February 19, 2005 04:20 PM

Hey, Dave

You obviously know a lot o tattooed peeps... John 5, Rob Zombie, Davey from AFI...(to name a few)

I was wondering... Of all the musicians you know who´s got the coolest tats? (apart from yourself - you have some awesome ones)

And who´s got the worst ones (if you can name any names, of course)? (I would say Ozzy but I´ve never seen him up close)

Other tattoo related question are: does Carmen have any? Where? Would you encourage her to get one?

Thanks a lot...!

Love to all the Fam,
Luiz.

Posted by: Luiz at February 19, 2005 04:26 PM

Once again I am jealous that I live in NYC and not in LA. Hopefully either CF or TPC will pay us a visit in the near future.

Dave - ¿Do you get nervous before playing a concert? ¿Have you ever forgotten the notes/tabulature to a song while playing live? If so, how did you recover?

¿Is anyone from NYC going to the Queens of the Stone Age concert at Webster Hall? I couldn't get tickets because it sold out pretty quickly.

Later,
Mike from NYC
"¿Where my coffee at?"

Posted by: Mike from NYC at February 19, 2005 04:51 PM

Blink 182 broke up?

Perhaps there is a god after all

Posted by: uzumaki at February 19, 2005 05:06 PM

Good "tattoo" questions, Luiz!! And that was really him. So no more "I'm number one", cuz Dave owns us all by being number one every time he makes an entry. I'm just happy to be here at all.

Happy Saturday night to all the 6767 peeps!!
CFR is about to RAWK my booty!! \m/
~Bonita

Posted by: Bonita at February 19, 2005 05:45 PM

I agree with you, Bonita :) happy saturday to you,too

Posted by: Patrcia at February 19, 2005 06:01 PM

I’m totally bummed that I missed the show it sounds like it was a blast. Instead of going to the show, I decided to go to Mammoth and my whole body is hurting like a mother F-R and I had to taw out my right nipple before it broke off. In fact I’m typing with my rock hard nipples as we speak.

By the way thanks Dave making me almost snort "Woooooo Hoooooo!!!!!!!! I'm first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Plain comedy!:D

Posted by: wendybird at February 19, 2005 07:32 PM

Hi Luiz!!!

Posted by: Cori at February 19, 2005 07:58 PM

I always thought Blink 182 were like Trix cereal-for kids. I guess I never gave em a chance, I also had the misconception they were a boy band. Am I wrong, is this as big as Phish callin it quits! I think not, but I remember the day Jerry died so I guess I can empathize with how some a ya are feeling so need to call me a jerk for my comments. Blink 182-"Damn hooligans!"

Posted by: boots at February 19, 2005 08:39 PM

dave quick questions!

Steve vai o joe satriani?

gibson o fender?

0.08 o 0.09 o 0.10?(guitar strings)

Thanks

You Rule

Aguante Argentina!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fran

Posted by: Fran at February 19, 2005 10:39 PM

dave why don't you get your facts straight before you start telling people that a band broke up when they didn't you dumbass

Posted by: . at February 19, 2005 11:11 PM

Oh, now u add "atleast that's what we were told" you shit for brains. they aren't broken up, it's already been confirmed

Posted by: kelly at February 20, 2005 12:25 AM

no doubt sucks. gwen is a pussy licking fat piece of shit.

Posted by: fuck you at February 20, 2005 12:32 AM

Hey Dave,

Were you able to watch "Cheaters" tonight? Tonight's episode was really full of "deviant" behavior and such.

In case you missed it, an au pair cheated on her boyfriend with another woman and someone else's boyfriend was getting a lot of action in his car.

Plenty of funny comments from the narrator and, of course, Joey Greco was there to clearly point out what the cheaters were doing on the video tape.

Favorite line from Joey: "Here she is meeting her female friend for coffee and...uh...scones."

Nicole

Posted by: Nicole at February 20, 2005 01:20 AM

I love you Dave and Billy,
oh, yes I dooooo,
I love you Dave and Billy,
and I'll be true
when you're not near me,
I'm blue
Oh, Dave and Billy,
I love you!!

jezzi(apologies to Bye, Bye, Birdie)

Posted by: jezebel at February 20, 2005 01:25 AM

bullshit....that's all I can say....you idiot

Posted by: you shithead at February 20, 2005 01:27 AM

good mooooooorning my sweet fam!
i wish i could be at ANY of those Camp Freddy shows....it sounds like everyone there had a great time!!
i had no idea a boyfriend could be so timeconsuming!!! i haven't heard CFR in ages and on sundayevening i have to read my ass of to catch up again..thank god there's a great atmosphere here! so let's sing!

oeh, all we need is a melody and a dance and we could sing jezzi's song and dance to it...not a loop this time...but a song! kick ass....a new Shoot

i'm sorry, my sister is listening to a Dolly Parton record and that always does strange things to my mood...i still have the flu, but now it's a happy-singing-flu

i'm off, love ya guys and when i have time again i'll catch up with all the posted pics, video's and CFR shows

Posted by: Emma at February 20, 2005 04:13 AM

hey all

Dave, question
...what is Matt Chamberlain doing now? what other projects other than TNO has he done? i was listening to TNO again, and his drumming is hell of a good! i would love to hear more of what he has done!

kyle

Posted by: Kyle at February 20, 2005 05:18 AM

Dave would you recommend dreads to someone that has had long hair for years? And why did you get/cut yours back in the day? Spur of the moment type thing?
Mike

Posted by: Mike at February 20, 2005 06:42 AM

Uzumaki~We agree!

Dave~My 4 year old asked me who the pirate is in the first pic. I had no idea Rob moonlights as a pirate!

Posted by: Jenniffer at February 20, 2005 07:20 AM

fuck you for saying that and then trying to cover your tracks. I hope you get sued, asshole!

Posted by: Claire at February 20, 2005 07:21 AM

Sounds like the show was great but I think you have upset some Blink fans here!!!! LOL!!

What's with the beard, are you trying to grow it as long as your hair! If you need help, holler and I pop over with a pair of scissors!!!

tracey x

Posted by: tracey aka latex queen at February 20, 2005 07:37 AM

Dave~
I was wondering if you got my question from the 17th? My post was number 71..

Posted by: Patricia at February 20, 2005 08:05 AM

The following link is allegedly Paris Hilton's phone book. http://gorillamask.net/book.html
¿Are the phone numbers and e-mail addresses correct? If so, I guess these celebs will be getting some extra phone calls and e-mail's in the next couple of days. Not from me, because I really don't want to talk to any of them except for Matt Sorum. Don't worry I won't call your friend.

Later,
Mike from NYC
"¿Where my coffee at?"

Posted by: Mike from NYC at February 20, 2005 08:25 AM

Dave, so is it just heresay that blink split up or what? or is it just a bunch of bulllshit? Hey, since you know Davey of AFI, what is going on with them lately?

Posted by: Sarena Walker at February 20, 2005 09:53 AM

FUCK U FOR SAYING BLINK BROKE UP!!! i mean i dont even believe this is really dave...this muct be some homos site were they pretend to be someone there not. LOSER!! SOO FUCK U AND SAYING THEY BROKE UP. U have no career and no life. Oh and i loved how u changed ur wording around about blink yesterday it was like "oh blink is broken up" now ur sayin u heard that they did. GET UR FACTS RIGHT! THERE ARE MANY BLINK FANS OUT THERE WHO ARE REALLY UPSET WITH U. I really lost all respect for u. SCREW U ASS HOLE

Posted by: BlinkFan182 at February 20, 2005 09:54 AM

Dave you real need to set straight the REAL, key word
'REAL' facts about what happened with Blink, or you're gonna get some VERY angry fans, at all the fansites all they are doing is bitching about you. Might want to give us the truth on what you heard.

Posted by: Me at February 20, 2005 09:57 AM

Good day everyone. Newsflash from Boots at 6767.com-Blink 182 takes it in the butt. They get really sore sometimes, and have to skip out on some shows! Whys everyone being so hateful bout the Blink new. This isnt a Blink site, so chill the funk out. Put on some reggae n mellow out.

Splift out, drunk off cream stout, screamin stupid comments bout no doubt? Rotate the Earth and make its blocks spin with chaos!

Boots

Posted by: boots at February 20, 2005 10:00 AM

Hey Dave thanks for the Shoutout. And again it was a great show all around.

Posted by: Toby at February 20, 2005 10:07 AM

hey you motherfuckers blink182 is ok they didnt split
that's all rumors and lies
so shut the fuck up, i said

Posted by: fuck y'all at February 20, 2005 10:13 AM

wwwhatt the mr fook is going on with blink 182 ?! ?!? ?! ? !? ?! ?! ?!

Posted by: florence at February 20, 2005 10:23 AM

Blink 182 kinda look like the stars from "Malcolm in the Middle" with tattoos n guitars. They may have something down the road, if there is a road. Check out a picture of em at blink182.org. They should date the Olsen twins. There parents must be so proud, and ya know I really admire their paychecks.

Boots

Posted by: boots at February 20, 2005 10:29 AM

Hey everybody! Chill! Some of you people sound like you want to kill Dave for saying what he heard. Chill, so he made a mistake. So what? It doesn't matter, you still have your precious pop-punk band don't you?
And how can Dave not have a career or a life? He's an awesome guitar player, and he's married to a beautiful woman. I think that makes a career and a life.

Posted by: Aaron at February 20, 2005 10:29 AM

I gotta tell you I'm pretty freakin' impressed that the word of Dave Navarro seems to carry so much weight in the world of music and in Blink 182-ville. Wow, who knew he could be so influential and make all the Blinkies take what Dave "heard" as the gospel truth.

I dunno, seems to me that if you really wanted to find out if the Blinkers broke up it might be worth waiting for official word from THEM. Just a thought.

Posted by: Holly at February 20, 2005 10:41 AM

Hi Boots!! Hi Emma!! Hey, that song does have a melody, it's from a movie and play. I used to sing it to my son, and last night I felt inspired to sing it to Dave and Billy. This morning, however, I feel like singing the Barney song to some peeps here. or maybe some Mr. Rogers. (it's a beautiful day in this neighborhood, a beautiful day for a neighbor, would you be mine, could you be mine)

DAVE!!! Good morning to you!! I am looking forward to the Sunday 10!!

Question...
If I could only visit five places in L.A., which ones would you recommend as being definitive of YOUR hometown?

jezzi(Santa Monica Boulevard...I love it!!)

Posted by: jezebel at February 20, 2005 10:49 AM