« Friday | Main | Sunday 10 »

February 26, 2005

Shannon's Home Game

VietnamTonight is an all new CFR on Indie 103.1FM here in LA. Billy will be having some guests down. He is good like that. I, however, will once again miss tonight's broadcast due to my commitment to play in a poker tournament at Shannon's house with Steve I. The difference between this show and others I have done in the past, is that tonight we are playing with real money for a winner take all grand prize. It's basically a televised home game. I am an OK player, sometimes I do well and sometimes I play like an idiot. Steve, however, is the real player of the band with consistent weekly games and the lot. I am secretly pulling for him to take this thing as he could certainly use the scratch. I'm just goin along for the ride because it'll be fun.

Not much new band news. Still taking a break from recording, but we are continuing to write while on break. We plan to reconvene with our studio schedule on the 7th. Two or three more weeks and that will be that.

Pcr

The Panic Channel Radio

Said You'd Be (Live):Flash Version.

Bloody Mary:Flash Version.

February 26, 2005 10:31 AM

Comments

Dave

Back to the Jessica Alba vs Halle Berry. Have you seen the pictures of her on the internet from Miami Beach ? Smokin

Good luck tonight

Dave

Posted by: Dave at February 26, 2005 10:35 AM

Goooo Steve!

Posted by: Wendybird at February 26, 2005 10:52 AM

good luck to both of you guys

Posted by: sonicdeath at February 26, 2005 11:00 AM

Good Luck! Like I said before I can't play poker to save my life! I'll be vouching for you *thumbs up*

Posted by: Rosie at February 26, 2005 11:09 AM

Oh oh oh and also, i like that picture, what made you decide to have that painted on your wall?

Posted by: Rosie at February 26, 2005 11:09 AM

have a blast tonight Dave and Steve!
And for good luck, don't forget the panic ace: http://6767.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/67panicace.jpg

Posted by: mortisha8 at February 26, 2005 11:20 AM

Dave -
On CFR you ask "The Girls from the Weekly" and other females if they are on myspace.com. ¿Does Carmen have a page on myspace?

Thanks,
Mike from NYC

Posted by: Mike from NYC at February 26, 2005 11:30 AM

dave, i know your wife is one of the hottest women to ever walk the face of the planet but...marry me?

Posted by: katie at February 26, 2005 11:47 AM

hey, Dave, if the producers of CSI (Miami, Vegas or NY) offered you a cameo role in one of their shows for an episode or two, even just a few minutes... would you say yes?

Sx

Posted by: Soph at February 26, 2005 11:55 AM

Dave~

I am rooting for you.. kick some a$$ tonight!!
Have a great day

Posted by: Patricia at February 26, 2005 12:02 PM

Hi.

I'm a big fan of you (I run a web site about Jane's Addiction for Polish fans), Jane's Addiction and Guns N'Roses. And I got two questions:

- Back in 1991, you have been offered to replace Izzy Stradlin (after he'd left Guns N'Roses). Why you said "no" to them?

- In 1999, you've recorded, and co-written song "Oh My God" with Guns N'Roses ("end of days" o.s.t). Did you
recorded someting else with them?? And, does "Oh My God"
will be on "Chinese Democracy"??

Charlie.

BTW - You a great guitar player, in fact many of my
song has a solos/riffs similar to your style.

Posted by: Charlie Cherry at February 26, 2005 12:19 PM

hey dave,

if possible for the Sunday 10, if you could answer my 'skirt' question...

"when you wore skirts on stage, what did you wear under the skirt? boxers, briefs, short pants, thong, commando??

im asking because im gonna be wearing skirts on stage for my band and am curious as to what i should wear under the skirt? help would be appreciated"

it would help with my situation with the direction im trying to go with my band.

thanks again

kyle
dont do anything i wouldnt do(like wear skirts on stage) and if you do then name it after me!

Posted by: Kyle at February 26, 2005 12:55 PM

I checked out Steve I's site the other day and he was mentiones something about someone with the nickname Gummo and I pretty much figured he was talking about you. Is this a common nickname you are known by or just kind of an inside joke among the band?

Posted by: Pinhead at February 26, 2005 01:37 PM

Hey Dave,own that table tonite bro! I got a question for you that ive been curious to know.

Have you ever learned theory?Whats your opinion of it?
Do you think sometimes playing w/theory can be more technically stiffening than inspirational?

Thanks man ive been wondering cuz many people have mixed views on it(im kind of in the middle)!
Thanks again Dave and God Bless
Kirt

Posted by: KirtW27 at February 26, 2005 02:04 PM

Kyle,

You got to go commando under your skirt just like those Scots do under their kilts

Posted by: Pinhead at February 26, 2005 02:14 PM

Hey,
Being in a band with another guitarist better or worse.

Posted by: ssb at February 26, 2005 02:55 PM

Don't like the image Dave, why?

Posted by: Nik at February 26, 2005 02:55 PM

hey dave, i know you already answered one of my questions (thanks again) but i was wondering something more personal this time, and that is...

if you could give advice to someone, on how to get their band on its feet (as in,how its hard to find musicians you ahve a chemestry, and with highschool its hard to find time to play, unless i ditch hw, then my grades bomb) so how do you do it? and if you give up the grades for the music (which in a way it sounds like you did) is it worth the risk?

thanks again.

Posted by: bryce at February 26, 2005 03:49 PM

check this out--

thanks alot guys

Posted by: Ben at February 26, 2005 03:54 PM

G'day Dave!
I just dropped some coin at the local music shop as I am trying to build my blues collection. I was wondering what you thought of the purchases and also wondering if you could give me some additional suggestions?
Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker, B.B. King, Robert Johnson and of course the great Huddie Ledbetter.
Much appreciated!!!
Good Luck tonight-if Shannon asks you to dance for her, PLEASE make sure the web cam is hooked up!!!!
XOXO
Tara

Posted by: Tara at February 26, 2005 04:39 PM

DAVE!!! I know, I know, quit shouting.
There sure are a lot of questions, maybe you can change it to the Sunday 20, or the Sunday 10 AND the Monday 10,can I get an AMEN????

1. Are you going to a Oscar watching party? I think I am going to my first tomorrow, not sure of the attire.

2. So, if Carmen really doesn't like your four wheel endeavors, are Sunday drives out of the question? Just sayin', looks like a nice weekend, come see the gnome homes!!

3. They have an infield concert at the California Speedway tonight, I'm not going cause it's not CAMP FREDDY! Do you see another gig in Fontana in Camp Freddy's future?

ok, have to go bloghog somewhere else. Greetings to my family, Paola from Italy, was just thinking of you. Emma, come see me! Cori, what about a Sunday? Willow, aren't you back yet?

oh, and Dave, I am feeling so grateful for you today. If I hadn't come here, I never would have met the beautiful bluelizard. Thank you.

Posted by: jezebel at February 26, 2005 05:16 PM

right now I am hearing some awesome acoustic jamming on CFR by the Billys. Not only that, but the great news is that Steve Isaacs will be joining them next Saturday.
Awesome! I so have to tape it.

and while we're on a roll with Sunday questions, i'll ask this: If you had to be stranded on a deserted island with just one 6767/Panic Agent, who would it be?

here's some more Panic Poker http://rockinfreekette.typepad.com/photos/miscellaneous/poker.jpg

Posted by: mortisha8 at February 26, 2005 06:37 PM

Helllooooo!

Spent the day work tech on Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. Just checking in to see what is new.

Hope you have fun playing cards tonight, Dave, and if you hope Steve wins, then I will too!

Night all!
me

Posted by: Angel at February 26, 2005 07:05 PM

Have fun Dave and Steve!

Posted by: Adriana at February 26, 2005 07:12 PM

I'd like to know which song you like better, "Kettle Whistle" or "So What"?

Thanks:)

Posted by: Adriana at February 26, 2005 07:21 PM

Hey, Dave
thanks a lot for the pic, I really liked it - so dark...!

Speaking of pictures, could you please post a pic of yourself SMILING...? That´s just so f*cking rare I think I´ve never seen one!

Thanks a lot, you rule!

love from
Luiz.

PS: if anyone in the family got a picture of Dave showing his pearlies, please link me up...! ;o)

Posted by: Luiz at February 26, 2005 07:59 PM

Good evening everyone, just got home from work. Guess what I got on my shoppin spree today? The Lord of the Rings Trilogy! Somebody else was supposed to get that shit before me. I hope theres extended footage in it.

Dave-you reported "no new news" about TPC, how bout the turds from Blink 186-not worth mentioning? Question for the week: When you say your sober, is that from drugs or have you abstained from drinking? Even champaign toasts on New Years of course would count as a drink. (Of course, its your program-Im just curious. I just stay away from dope, coke in any form and pills, but my programs mine and yours is your.) Thanks a lot, if its too personal I understand.....you dont have to answer here of course.

Oh the place your goin tonight.....is it lick her* up front and poke her* in the back?

*liquor
*poker

I heard that on the hotel van from a flight attendant about a bar out west with that slogan "liquor up front...poker in the back!"-kinda coincidental because I wanted to share that but its so stupid!

Rock n ruckus.

Boot n down

Posted by: boots at February 26, 2005 09:07 PM

Liqour up front, Poker in the back. That has always been a fun pasttime of mine...lol

Good luck tonight Dave! Actually the game prolly has already started there by now so I shall pray for luck for you before beddy byes.

laters

Posted by: Pinhead at February 26, 2005 10:01 PM

im sooo lucky

my girlfriend suprised me with the single of Rexall!! being a collector of CDs, and seing that it is quite hard to get 'rare' CDs here in SA, it really is awesome and made my day/week!

just thought id let you all know, lol

kyle

Posted by: Kyle at February 27, 2005 12:44 AM

Dave....in case you missed this one,

Could you guys have used the "Kettle Whistle" versions of "Ocean Size" and "Mountain Song" on the "Nothing's Shocking" album, or could you only use the versions during the NS recording sessions?

thank, Rick

Posted by: rick at February 27, 2005 01:47 AM

There are some pretty silly questions in here people.

I mean come on.

If you have to ask what to wear under the skirt, maybe you shouldn't be wearing them?

Posted by: Zimphire at February 27, 2005 03:33 AM

Oh, and the answer is a codpiece. He wears a codpiece under his skirt.

Chicks dig it.

Posted by: Zimphire at February 27, 2005 03:34 AM

8m===D
8==m=D
8===mD
8==m=D
8m===D
8==m=D ~~~~~~~~

Posted by: Jizlobber at February 27, 2005 03:36 AM

Hi Dave.
I like the blog.
Fancy commenting on mine, that would be awesome.
www.aspyre.net/loser

cheers

Posted by: Dan Beer at February 27, 2005 04:23 AM

^
^
^
^

Spammer

Posted by: Zimphire at February 27, 2005 04:32 AM

well, its an important question to me, i would really like to know the answer and didnt know of anyone to ask except for Dave.

and as Dave said on here a good year or so ago, "theres no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid answers."

lol

kyle

Posted by: Kyle at February 27, 2005 05:29 AM

Hey there, when I went to see Jane's last year the band 'Stellastarr*' were playing and they were amazing. How did them supporting you come about?

Posted by: Peter at February 27, 2005 05:54 AM

THERE IS CURRENTLY NO MODERN ROCK RADIO IN PHILADELPHIA!!!! Y100 IS GONE!!! PLEASE GO TO Y100ROCKS.COM TO SIGN THE ONLINE PETITION TO GET IT BACK ON THE AIR!!!

Posted by: Jim at February 27, 2005 06:17 AM

Jim, what about 93.3? WMMR has always been the best rock in Philly for 36(?) years! Sure, I lament losing Y100 and it definitely should come back to replace the BEAT (didn't the beat already have a frequency? 103.9?), but to say Y was the ONLY rock?

D

Posted by: D from SJ at February 27, 2005 07:06 AM

::edit::

Didn't see "modern" there. My mistake.

Then your statement rings truer. MMR kinda filtered out the newer, "poppier" stuff.

Posted by: D from SJ at February 27, 2005 07:07 AM

Luiz, here's a picture of Dave smiling -
Isn't he loooovely :P
Rosie xx

Posted by: Rosie at February 27, 2005 07:08 AM

Rosie~ Yes he is!! Thanks

Posted by: Patricia at February 27, 2005 08:31 AM

Speaking of the song Kettle Whistle, the original live version of Kettle Whistle I thought was a beautiful song. Who is responsible for the massacre of that song on the album Kettle Whistle? I know you're not the pointing fingers type...so maybe the question should be why decide to drastically change such a beautifully structured song? Thanks.

Rich

Posted by: Rich at February 27, 2005 08:41 AM

Dave

Would you object to posting the songs that get completed from Mike C's Loop Experiment page on the one here at 6767,its a thread at the Panic Community and its taking off big time.

I know Ylais sent you one that got finished over there called With You/Slide,but you haven't posted that,Kyle has just had a track completed.

There are more being worked on.

Check it out at http://www.loopexperiment.com

Maybe you could link it to this place,it is basically everyone from here so it is a part of this place.Its an evolved version of what you have here already.

Posted by: MOOYYAA at February 27, 2005 09:03 AM

hey, ROSIE! Thanks! great pic, great smile!

Dave, in my humble opinion you oughtta do it more often!

:o)

love from
Luiz.

Posted by: Luiz at February 27, 2005 09:47 AM

Love that pic, Rosie! Thanks for posting.

Dave...how did you and Steve do last night...have fun?

Happy Sunday, Family!

Posted by: Cori at February 27, 2005 09:51 AM

What do you think of the work being done by the folks from 6767/TPC Community?
To be considered for posting at 6767, would you prefer they be sent to you through the usual channel, or is it acceptable to post at the LE site, and you take what you want?

Posted by: Mike at February 27, 2005 09:53 AM

Yo~
Please give us a recap of the tourney. I am a Hold 'em player (novice). I was wondering what is your preferred strategy? Agressive early then slow play, alternate strategies? Does it depend on the players? Help me beat my Father-In-Law.....;

Posted by: DaneBramage at February 27, 2005 09:55 AM

Does anyone know how to get in touch with "ChickBassPlayer" or "Saraswati" from the "Shoot" track? Or who they may be?

Mike C. (FLA)

Posted by: Mike at February 27, 2005 10:25 AM

Good Morning Dave!
Hope you did well at the big poker game!!
Another question:
Have you ever met GrandMaster Flash and/or seen him perform? If so, please give us the skinny! If not, I think you should call him up and somehow work him into a Camp Freddy Show!
Peace and Love
Tara

Posted by: Tara at February 27, 2005 10:30 AM

hey fam and dave! wow, that is one VERY sexy picture Rosie!!

okay, my flu has turned into a cold, which is such a relief! good luck everybody out there who has the flu!
haven't posted for a while, been busy...school, boyfriend. i don't really have anything to say, just wanted to say hi to the fam! i miss you guys.

so good luck dave with the game! and the rest of you have a great sunday!
love, emma
and jezzi, i'd loooooove to come see you. the sooner the better! thinking about it makes me get through long booring schooldays! i love you

Posted by: Emma at February 27, 2005 10:50 AM

Good day everybody....its Sunday...off to New Haven *(backwards New Havenis NEVAH WEN!)for a going away party for my friend Carrie whos off for San Fran. Anyone seen the Fox show Nip Tuck? I couldnt believe how graffic that show is allowed to be for public television. Supposed to snow like a mammatamma tomorrow here. Remember Dave-"liquor up front, poker in the rear"

Geeker boots

Posted by: boots at February 27, 2005 11:05 AM

hey fagface your wife has rreally floppy flaps. i know cos i boned her nasty ass.

Posted by: jeremy at February 27, 2005 11:38 AM

for the love of god, "cocked and loaded" is NOT the first LA GUNS album!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: otis at February 27, 2005 12:04 PM

LOL,they must still be playing the poker.

Posted by: MOOYYAA at February 27, 2005 12:42 PM